36

KINGDOM FALL
— 36. Prince and Princess

 Hours later, Annalys screamed out in pain as she stood in front of her bed, tightly gripping onto the back of a wooden chair with one hand while placing the other on her large belly

She wore a shift and nothing more, knowing that the babies were coming. It had been nearly four hours since family had been taken and it was all she could think about during her labor pains.

With her luck, none of the men from either sides of the battle could find a single midwife, leaving Annalys with a single Maester. That Maester happened to not even be a Maester any longer. His name was Qyburn. He was the one to treat Jaime when he lost his hand. He was also the same man at Harrenhall when Robb and Annalys had arrived there two years before during the war. She and Talisa had saved his life, perhaps he was now there to return the favor.

The men had gotten ahold of Lady Jeyne, thankfully, and Annalys had ordered them to bring her to her instead of imprisoning her with the others.

Robb stood there as well, not knowing what to do in the situation. Annalys heaved for breath and with Jeyne's help, she took a seat on a nearby chair. She knew she was close to giving birth, but something inside her was making it take longer.

   She didn't want them to be born, not yet. If they hadn't been, she could've gotten her family out of the castle in time. Annalys cried in pain, slowly looking up at Robb, "Please, Robb. I need her. I need my mother. She can't die," She pleaded in between cries of pain as she stared up at the man she loved, "Please, Robb. Make them bring her to me. Please. I need her."

Robb sighed, a saddened look on his face as he slowly shook his head, "She can't be here. She's a prisoner now. You know that," He reminded her in a calm and quiet tone, not wanting to upset her, "The Northmen want their heads on spikes. If we release them, they'll view us to be weak."

   Annalys was about to yell at Robb, but she was cut off by a sharp pain in her stomach. She cried out in pain, "I was meant to get them out before you got here." She admitted softly, not even realizing that she was saying it loud enough for him to hear, "They were supposed to be kept safe, away from you."

Robb's face fell as he heard Annalys' words, which Annalys didn't notice, "Please, Robb," Annalys continued to beg, despite having bigger problems at that moment than her family's release, "Please. I beg of you!"

"You know I can't, love," Robb whispered her softly and within seconds, Annalys' face was longer sad.

Instead, Annalys' expression became cold and angry. As Jeyne continued to wipe Annalys' sweaty forehead with a towel, Annalys looked up at Robb, hatefully glaring at him, "Then get out," She told him in a low, threatening tone, much to Robb's shock.

"What?" He asked in disbelief, not thinking he heard Annalys correctly.

"Get out," Annalys demanded, her tone becoming louder and angrier, "Get out! I don't want you here! Don't you understand that! I hate you! You ruined everything! Get out!"