84

KINGDOM FALL
— 84. We Are One

 We Are One

Dodging numerous wights, Robb arrived at the cabin where the dragonglass was supposed to be in. He hoped Annalys would be there as well. He prayed that she was there. He refused to believe after everything, Annalys was just gone.

Robb passed numerous wights and killed each of them with Lionsbane. It was the first time since being gifted it by Annalys that he was using it for actually fighting something instead of just sparring. And Annalys had been right. There was something about Valyrian Steel that made it feel better to fight with than ordinary steel.

Robb stopped when he heard a loud growl coming from the cabin. He turned his head, watching as Wun Wun, the last giant, busted through the roof of the cabin with numerous wights attempting to attack him.

He pulled each and everyone of them off of him and tore them apart as if it were nothing. Robb's eyes practically bulged out of its sockets at the sight.

As he began to walk away, Wun Wun stepped on many others. Robb quickly moved out of the way as he did so, not wanting to be one of the things that Wun Wun stepped on. Once the giant was out of sight, Robb ran into the cabin, which happened to have a fire erupting inside of it.

"Annalys?" Robb called out, only to find the woman nowhere in sight.

He suddenly stopped looking around, turning his head to find a blue glow coming from one of the exits of the cabin. His eyes when he witnessed what he presumed to be a White Walker entering the cabin. The flames near the White Walker immediately extinguished and he began to walk forward.

The White Walker glanced around, looking for something. Robb studied him closely and it felt as though the blue-eyed creature had been expecting someone else to be there, not Robb. A part of Robb felt like the White Walker had been targeting Annalys when he arrived there. However, Robb felt as though that was impossible and shut that thought down right away. What he did know was that he was right. The White Walker, in fact, had been sent there to kill Annalys.

The White Walker moved toward Robb, beginning to swing his spear made of ice at him. Robb quickly dodged each hit, trying his best to avoid the spear that was bound to kill him if he was touched by it.

Despite having to fight a White Walker, all Robb could think about was Annalys, scared for her wellbeing since he had no idea where she was or if she was dead.

Robb glanced down at the sword in his hand, recalling what Annalys had said.

"If we're ever to fight in battle, whether it be on the same side or opposing sides, just remember that the swords we carry are one. We're connected to each other. Always and forever."

A hint of determination in his eyes, Robb glared at the White Walker, lunging forward to attack him.

On the cliffs, Annalys and Freyja continued to try to outrun the wights that were trying their best to chest after them.