59

KINGDOM FALL
— 59. On the Run

ONE MONTH LATERKINGSROAD

ONE MONTH LATER
KINGSROAD

Robb and Annalys rode their horses as fast they could through the woods of the Riverlands, trying to outrun the men chasing after them on horseback.

It had all gone by so fast. One moment, Robb and Annalys were stopping at an Inn so that they could give their horses a rest. The next, Annalys was recognized by a group of soldiers loyal to Stannis.

They had been on the lookout for her. Something about a price on her head. Of course, when one of the men tried to attack her, Annalys had killed him with Lady's Wrath.

After that, the rest of the men were after her. Robb and Annalys had stolen two random horses before heading away from the Inn as fast as they could.

Now, they were riding through the woods, Annalys taking the lead since she seemed to know more about which direction to go in than Robb did.

They both could hear the Baratheon soldiers close behind them, but didn't dare look in back of them.

Robb tried his best to keep up with Annalys and follow her in each turn she made, but it was clear at that moment that she was a far better rider than he was.

Annalys soon came to a stop, causing Robb to do the same soon after, "This way," She told him, quickly glancing at him before turning on her horse to the right.

After making their turn, Robb and Annalys began to ride their horses at a slower pace, knowing the men had gone in the other direction. Annalys continued to take the lead, only to sigh in defeat when the trail led them to the edge of a cliff.

"We're trapped," Robb informed Annalys, clearly losing hope, "There's no way around."

Annalys was silent for a long moment, taking in each of the sounds around her. She could hear the Baratheon soldiers, but she knew she still had enough time.

She quickly climbed off her horse, walking closer to the edge of the cliff. She looked down, seeing that it was a large jump to the water, but it was still something they could survive.

She turned to look toward Robb, who gave her a puzzled look, "Get off your horse," She demanded and Robb sighed in defeat before following her orders.

"This way!" She could hear one of the men shout from a distance as Robb climbed off his horse.

Once Robb climbed off his horse, Annalys grabbed him by the arm, pulling him toward the edge of the cliff, "What are you doing, Annalys?" He questioned, confused as she led him toward the edge of the large cliff.