26

KINGDOM FALL
— 26. Nothing Else Matters

   After meeting with Oberyn, Annalys made her way back to the Red Keep alongside Bronn

   After meeting with Oberyn, Annalys made her way back to the Red Keep alongside Bronn. Most of the walk back was silent and Annalys grew frustrated. She couldn't deal with it, she hated silence, especially when it was an awkward one, "Are you going to tell people about what you've heard?" She found herself asking Bronn, a concerned look on his face.

"And why would I do that? That Dornish Prince was right. You're going to win this war. You have Dorne, the Reach, the Riverlands, Stannis, and The North on your side," Bronn explained to Annalys, causing her to smile slightly, "Tywin fucking Lannister doesn't even see it coming and he's named you heir to Casterly Rock. The Lannisters don't stand a chance and I'd like to be on the winning side."

"What about..." She trailed off uneasily as she gestured down to her stomach.

"That just proves what I say is true," Bronn suddenly responded, causing Annalys to frown confusion, "That baby inside you is the key to taking the North, the Riverlands, and the Westerlands all on its own. But the question is why are you doing all of this when you're happy in the Capital with no one standing against you? Why keep a child that could risk your life?"

Annalys smiled, realizing Bronn still hadn't figured out that Robb was alive, "It seems you still have a lot to piece together, Ser Bronn of the Blackwater," She mockingly replied, quietly laughing to herself.

___

   That day, Annalys was rereading the letter laid out in front of her. She didn't know how, but somehow, when she arrived back to her room after meeting with Oberyn, someone had left a letter on the table in her room.

Beware, for there are far more enemies around you than you may think. They may seem like friends, but they are far from it.

Be wary of the Great Lion of the Rock for he only cares for the image of his house, not his actual family.

Be wary of Red Viper for he will choose dragons over the lions the first chance he gets.

Be wary of the Young Wolf, for he has betrayed you by breaking his marital vows.

Be wary of the Stag, for he only spared you at the Red Woman's command.

Be wary of the Kracken, for he only wants your throne.

Beware of the Mother of Dragons, for she only wants to conquer your lands.

Beware of the Imp, for he will choose the dragons over kin.

Signed,
Your Loyal Watchman.