85

KINGDOM FALL
— 85. Now and Always

   Days passed on the boat and Annalys refused to leave her cabin on one of the ships

   Days passed on the boat and Annalys refused to leave her cabin on one of the ships. She, Torra, Jon, and Robb ended up on a boat that Euron wasn't on, much to their relief. Annalys refused to eat whatever was brought to her and that concerned Robb, knowing it wasn't safe for her or the baby. Their son. The son he had the feeling he'd never get to be a fat her to since Annalys insisted on marrying Euron.

Robb was standing on the deck of the ship with Jon, watching as Torra picked a fight with one of the Thenns. She was definitely her mother's daughter. She hated Thenns.

Robb and Jon ended up watching in shock as the nine-year-old girl threw the man overboard without a care in the world, none of the other wildlings doing anything to stop her. They watched as the Thenn, who didn't know how to swim, drowned and as they sailed away, he died.

Jon and Robb turned to each other, exchanging a shocked look. "I need to speak with Annalys," Robb finally spoke up, not being able to take being around the wildlings any longer.

Jon was able to endure it, seeing as though he had lived among the Free Folk for many months. Annalys felt the same way. Any time Robb had attempted to complain to her about something they had done, she waved him off and said it was fine, just before telling him to leave.

Every time he went to her room, she barely spoke. She just laid there, refusing to get up from bed. Robb began to realize that it must have had to do with the girl, Freyja. Something happened between them during the month Annalys had been beyond the Wall, Robb realized that.

With that, Robb made his way to Annalys' quarters on the ship before entering. He found Annalys actually out of bed for once, now dressed in an actual long-sleeved dress instead of Free Folk attire.

She didn't turn, however, when he entered, clearly wanting him to speak first.

"Did you love her?" Robb suddenly asked, causing Annalys to suddenly tense up.

Her eyes widened slightly and her mouth gaped open, clearly taken aback by the question. She remained silent for a moment, just before answering, "I don't know," She admitted in a whisper, refusing to turn to face him.

"How do you not know?" Robb asked in frustration, clearly wanting to know the whole truth.

In a way, however, it was the truth. Annalys didn't know if she ever loved Freyja. Of course, she cared for her, but Annalys never truly felt as though she loved her.

"I don't know!" Annalys practically yelled as she whipped herself around to face him, "I've only known one real love in my life and that was with you," She confessed softly, tears in her eyes as Robb tensed up, "What I felt for her was...I don't know, a sort of understanding. She understood how I was feeling. She knew what it was like to be a woman and a leader to thousands at such a young age. She knew what it was like to be a mother to children who were considered a threat to the world by being the offspring of two warring families."