90

KINGDOM FALL
— 90. Battle at Casterly Rock

   Soon after leaving Torra's tent, Robb began to walk through the war camp alone

   Soon after leaving Torra's tent, Robb began to walk through the war camp alone. Soon enough, Tormund joined Robb and as much as the Stark man wanted to be annoyed by it, he found himself unable to.

"You think there's hope?" Robb found himself asking Tormund, turning to look him in the eye.

"I've never seen these Baratheon fuckers fight aside from that day beyond the Wall. And they've never seen the free folk fight, so, yes, there's hope," He explained, only to notice the look on Robb's face, "You want to avenge Annalys, don't you?"

"Stannis didn't kill Annalys, the Night's Watch did," Robb informed Tormund softly, trying his best not to look saddened, "Her dreams of changing this cruel world did."

"So you do think she's dead," Tormund stated, narrowing his eyes at Robb.

"Honestly? Every piece of evidence points to her being dead, but I still don't believe it," Robb confessed, causing Tormund to immediately stop walking.

Once seeing him do so, Robb did the same, watching as Tormund turned to face him fully, "What do you mean?" He asked the Stark king, a concerned look on his face.

Robb found himself feeling hesitant to tell Tormund since they weren't friends and he didn't trust the wildling man, but he believed  Tormund was the right person to tell. Annalys trusted him. That had to count for something, right?

"Annalys told you she died before, didn't she?" Robb questioned Tormund, who nodded in response, "All these people, the people in Westeros who believe in the faith involving some god called the Lord of Light...They have this obsession with Annalys. I saw it firsthand when she was resurrected at Winterfell. They're obsessed with keeping her alive long enough to kill the Night King during the Long Night. I wonder if followers of this faith took Annalys' body to resurrect her."

"It shouldn't, but I think it makes sense. The day we met, Annalys told me she believed that no matter how many times she died, someone would always be there to bring her back." Tormund explained to Robb, causing the man to frown in concern.

"But who took her and where did they take her?" Robb found himself asking the wildling man, a worried look on his face.

"I don't know, Robb Stark. Let's hope we find out soon or you'll be the one sitting on this stupid iron chair I heard so much about once we take it." Tormund explained, causing Robb to look uneasy at the thought of sitting on the Iron Throne.

He didn't want that. That was Annalys' dream, not his.

"I need a good drink to help me sleep the night before a fight. You want some? I have a jug of sour goat's milk, stronger than any of that grape water you southern twats like sucking on," Tormund explained, beginning to widely grin, "Annalys loved it when Mance gave her some."