71

KINGDOM FALL
— 71. An Unhappy Life

   A week had passed and Annalys was getting quite used to residing at Castle Black

   A week had passed and Annalys was getting quite used to residing at Castle Black. She befriended many of the Night's Watch brothers and fixed her broken bond with Jon. They were, once again, close friends.

Jon, however, was forced to be in the middle of Annalys and Robb's ongoing feud. Annalys was the most petty out of the two. She repeatedly did things just to piss Robb off. She made vulgar comments about Margaery. She constantly let Greywind out of his kennel to cause mischief and somehow convinced the direwolf to listen her orders over Robb.'s at times. As each day passed, Annalys found even more ways to frustrate him. She was good at it, that was for sure.

However, even after everything she did, she never once spoke to Robb directly. She constantly acted as if he were invisible, even when he spoke directly to her. That was what pissed Robb off most of all.

Most of the Night's Watch brothers found it entertaining, many of them laughing as they witnessed Annalys do everything she did to Robb. Each time, Robb's reactions were priceless. They even had Jon laughing.

   One morning, Annalys was sitting alone on the stairs in the courtyard of Castle Black, sharpening Lady's Wrath.

  Soon enough, Jon walked over with Edd, Grenn, Pyp, and Sam. She had already met three out of the four and considered each of them somewhat of a friend.

"Annalys," Jon called out, causing Annalys to look away from sharpening Lady's Wrath and up at him, "I'd like you to meet a friend of mine." He paused, gesturing the plump man standing in front of her with a nervous smile on his face, "Samwell Tarly."

Hearing Sam's last name, Annalys immediately began to smile, "Tarly, you say? As in Randyll and Dickon Tarly?" She questioned Sam curiously.

After hearing Annalys' question, Sam wasted no time nodding his head, "My father and brother, Your Grace," He informed Annalys and by the look on her face, Sam realized she must have known them well, "You've met them?"

"They fought alongside me in the war against Robb. Your father was on my war council. A stoic man, but loyal and honorable nonetheless," She explained, only to notice the uneasy expression Sam was wearing, "Something tells me you don't like your father, though."

Sam remained silent, shaking his head as Annalys stood up, "That's alright. I don't think I'd enjoy him as my father, either," She replied, much to Sam's shock. She chuckled at his reaction, patting him on the shoulder, "I'm looking to spar. Who'd like to join me?"

Hearing Annalys' question, the entire group looked down at Lady's Wrath uneasily.

"Don't worry," She paused, sheathing Lady's Wrath before picking up a nearby sword, "I'll be using this. No need to be afraid. I promise to go easy on you all."