46

KINGDOM FALL
— 46. Eleanor Mallister

  Weeks had passed and Annalys had returned to Riverrun with Robb after being away for more than a year and a half

Weeks had passed and Annalys had returned to Riverrun with Robb after being away for more than a year and a half. She didn't miss the place, that was for sure. She did as she pleased in the castle, everyone listening to her orders, seeing as though no one really knew the whole truth about the annulment. Some considered it to just be a rumor.

She tried her best to avoid the Stark family, especially Robb. She knew Arya had been hoping to speak to her, but Annalys avoided her as well. She couldn't allow herself to rekindle with anyone in the Stark family. It would only hurt them both in the end as she planned to do would mean betraying each and every one of them.

One day, after feeding and putting the twins down for a nap, Annalys headed back to her chambers. She walked over to her desk, about to pour herself a glass of wine when she found a folded note laying out on the table, her name written on it.

She knew almost immediately that it was from the Loyal Watchman. However, she feared what was inside of it. Annalys took a deep breath before opening the folded note and beginning to read it.

Beware, for you are not the only one who has gifted Robb Stark with a child. She lives among you.

Eleanor Mallister.

Signed,
Your Loyal Watchman

After reading the note, Annalys folded the piece of paper back up, walking over to the fireplace before tossing it into the fire. She watched closely as the piece of paper burned. She couldn't believe it. She hoped it wasn't true. However, it seemed like everything else was.

An hour had passed and Jeyne finally arrived after Annalys sent for her. Jeyne into the room, a concerned look on her face, "You sent for me?" She questioned, causing Annalys to turn to her with a pleading look on her face.

"I need your help," Annalys told her friend urgently.

"What is it?" Jeyne asked in concerned, knowing by the look on Annalys' face that something was actually wrong.

"I've been told that the woman Robb bedded has fallen pregnant," Annalys informed Jeyne, whose eyes widened in disbelief.

"And who told you this?" Jeyne asked Annalys, raising a brow at her.

Annalys tensed up, knowing she couldn't tell Jeyne the truth about the Loyal Watchman. She hadn't told a soul about it and she had a feeling she never would. How could she explain to someone that the reason she knew so much was that she got the letter all the time that told her? "It doesn't matter. I need your help with something."

"Whatever it is, I'll do it." Jeyne immediately responded, despite knowing that Annalys was keeping something from her.

"Have you heard of a woman named Eleanor Mallister here at Riverrun?" Annalys wasted no time asking Jeyne, who had the look on her face that told the Lannister woman she knew exactly who she was talking about, "What is it?"