35

KINGDOM FALL
— 35. Battle at King's Landing

      Annalys walked on top of the Red Keep's walls, finding numerous ships with Stark, Tully, and Baratheon banners ahead

Annalys walked on top of the Red Keep's walls, finding numerous ships with Stark, Tully, and Baratheon banners ahead. She looked around anxiously, confused when she didn't find Jaime on the walls, "Where's Ser Jaime?" She spoke up in concern, causing one of the men to turn to her.

"The Lord Hand has ordered him to stay and guard the Highborn Ladies in Maegor's Holdfast," He informed her and oddly enough, Annalys felt relieved. They were together, it would make it easier to find them during the battle to get them to safety before it was too late.

"What of King Tommen?" She questioned and the man merely shrugged, earning an angered glare from Annalys.

She looked back beyond the wall, finding numerous soldiers from the opposing side rowing smaller boats to the shores of Blackwater Bay. She anxiously looked around, finding no sight of Robb, his usually leading commanders, or Grey Wind.

She frowned in concern, only to turn her head and squint to find one of the boats, rowing in another direction. She knew there was a cove there. The passages she always used led to it. Her eyes widened in alarm, realizing not only will men successfully get through, they had the chance of running into Podrick and Jeyne.

"Bloody hells," Annalys muttered under her breath, tensing up since she knew she had no choice but to stay where she was even though she didn't want to.

She wanted to go find them to protect them, but she knew keeping Tommen safe was far more important, whether or not she wanted to admit that out loud.

Tears in her eyes at the thought of Podrick and Jeyne being harmed because of her, Annalys turned toward the archers, reading to give them a commander, "Archers, to your marks! Nock your arrows!" She shouted out, leading to the archers around her to ready their bows and arrows.

   She quickly turned to one of her brother's Kingsguard, "Form a group to deal with any Baratheon, Stark, or Tully troop that manages to touch solid ground. Show them what House Lannister does to those who dare try to take what's ours," She explained and the man nodded, immediately running off.

She turned to another man, ready to give another order, "Bring any men guarding the king's gate here. We'll need them," She commanded, leading to the man running off to do as she told.

"Nock!" She told the men on the walls, who nocked their flaming arrows, "Draw! Loose!"

Over and over, Annalys gave the same orders, she and the archers shooting flaming arrows at any men who came toward the walls.