53

KINGDOM FALL
— 53. Capture

    Numerous weeks passed and Annalys continued to win each battle she fought in

Numerous weeks passed and Annalys continued to win each battle she fought in. She created strategies that no man had ever even heard of. Strategies Robb and his men were unable to see coming.

By the time three months had passed, Robb was growing restless. By then, he had lost five battles. He didn't even come close to winning one of them.

He began to realize he had been a fool to think he could defeat Annalys in the battlefield with the way she was thinking up her plans.

Annalys was no longer fighting with honor. She was fighting dirty, like most Lannisters did. She was growing bored of the constant victories, that was for sure.

She knew there was no winning the war if she didn't at least lose one of them.

Robb also knew if he wanted to win, he knew he'd have to put his honor aside and fight dirty like Annalys had been the entire time.

The only thing needed to catch Annalys by surprise was by taking the thing most important to her during the war. He wasn't talking about Lady's Wrath, either. He was talking about Jaime.

Annalys was getting closer to Riverrun, but not with her whole army. Most of them, but not all. His scouts told him that Jaime wasn't with her either.

He was rumored to be heading for Harrenhal with ten thousand men. Robb knew that meant he had the perfect opportunity to capture Jaime.

However, he knew that Annalys would see it coming if Robb wasn't leading the army she was planning to attack.

He knew the only one way to make her think that he was still there was by tricking her.

That day, Robb was headed to attack Jaime and his army with a twenty thousand of his men, a man wearing his armor stood at the Vanguard of the army Annalys was attacking. Grey Wind stood at that man's side, which was the main reason Annalys had fallen for it.

Why would she think Robb wasn't there if his direwolf was? Greywind always stood alongside Robb during battle, why wouldn't he this time?

During the battle, as Annalys defeated a small bulk of Robb's army, she was knocked off her horse. As she fell to the ground, six men of the Vale ran toward her, their swords raised. They targetted her on purpose, seeing as though she was the reason they had been knocked off their horses in the first place.

Annalys frantically glanced around, finding Lady's Wrath nowhere in sight. Edric was nowhere in sight either to help her, much to her dismay. He seemed to always be around when she needed it the most.

She quickly stood to her feet as the men surrounded her, much to her horror. She glanced around, finding her army to be busy fighting other men to see her struggle.