8

KINGDOM FALL
— 8. The Grand Plan

Hours later, Annalys and Robb laid on the floor together, a small fur laying underneath them to protect their bare bodies from the cold wooden floor

Hours later, Annalys and Robb laid on the floor together, a small fur laying underneath them to protect their bare bodies from the cold wooden floor. Robb laid on his back with Annalys' head rested just above his stomach, but below his chest to avoid touching the wounds on his shoulders.

  There was a comfortable silence between them, the two of them enjoying the heat from the flames of the fireplace next to them. The only sound between them had been their quiet breathing and the crackling of the fire. Robb ran his fingers through Annalys' long golden hair as they both thought hard on what had just happened. It might have felt good for both of them, but it was wrong. It wasn't normal to physically fight each other and then sleep with each other.

"I'm still going," Annalys found herself speaking up after a long moment, breaking the silence betwen them.

"I know," Robb admitted softly, a deeply saddened look on his face at the thought of having to endure letting Annalys head to King's Landing alone, "I don't have the right to tell you otherwise, not when I promised you all those years ago that we'd be equals. I also know convincing you to do something you don't want to is impossible. But..." he trailed off, letting out a small, shaky breath, "I hate that I can't be there with you. We've been at each other's side since the moment your family headed to King's Landing with my father and sisters. I don't know what kind of king I am without you," He paused, placing a hand on her stomach, "And I don't know how I'll live with myself, knowing my wife and our unborn children are in a city filled with enemies all on her own."

Annalys sighed, sitting up from laying on Robb's stomach to look him in the eye. Robb sat up as well, allowing them to converse face to face, "Would you like to hear my plan?" She suddenly asked, feeling that Robb would be more comfortable if he knew what she would be up to her during her stay in King's Landing.

Robb remained silent, but nodded his head, giving Annalys her answer, "Tears have always been my greatest weapon ever since I was a child. My mother can agree on that. When I arrive, I'm going to act heartbroken. I'm going to mope around the Red Keep, gaining pity from everyone. Rumor has it that Joffrey is engaged to Margaery Tyrell and their wedding will be happening quite soon. If Margaery is there, so is her grandmother, Olenna. Olenna is a smart woman, I plan to win her favor and convince her to help me kill Joffrey. With the wedding coming up, the Martells will be there. If I'm lucky, it'll be Oberyn. I will convince them to side with me."

"What for? Why would we need Dorne?" Robb asked, frowning in confusion.

"We don't," she replied, causing Robb's frown to become even larger, "My sister Myrcella lives in Dorne. I refuse to have Dorne as an enemy when we retake King's Landing, not when my sister could be harmed. She's innocent in all of this, as is Tommen. When Joffrey dies, Tommen will become king. There will be people all around him, whispering in his ear to try and manipulate him into giving them what they want. I plan to get there first. He trusts me, more than my mother may think. I love my brother, but he is too innocent and naive for his own good. He's only twelve, he can't rule properly. There isn't a chance in hell that he'll be a good king. After a few months pass, I will figure out a way to send word to you. You will take Casterly Rock and news will soon spread to the capital about you being alive. I will act shocked and by the time this happens, I will have my mother wrapped around my little finger. They will believe me and when they're least expecting it, I will kill Tywin. By then, you will arrive at King's Landing with Stannis. There's a cove in Blackwater Bay, like Casterly Rock. You can sneak into King's Landing and the Red Keep through there. I will convince Tommen that surrending is what's best for the people in the capital."