94

KINGDOM FALL
— 94. Insanity

 Insanity

Robb was making his way through the Red Keep, searching for Annalys when he reached the Great Hall. He found two guards standing in front of the doors, not moving a single inch as the screams of Stannis Baratheon sounded through the halls.

Oddly enough, the two men allowed him through and Robb was immediately horrified when he saw what was happening inside the throne room.

Stannis' corpse was chained to the Iron Throne, missing a head. His actual head was lying at bottom of the steps that led to the Iron Throne. His eyes were open and on his headless corpse, his right hand was cut off. His crown was burning red as it laid upon his head, as if it had been placed in a pit of fire for a long while before it was forged into his head. Lady's Wrath was laid out next to the head, blood covering it, but Annalys was nowhere in sight.

"A-Annalys?" Robb called out, but got no answer, "Annalys?"

"Don't judge me," A voice suddenly spoke up, causing Robb to whip his head around to see Annalys appearing from what looked like a hallway behind the Iron Throne, "He had it coming."

Robb looked back over at Stannis. He took a deep before making his way over to Annalys. "He deserved his hand cut off and a burning hot crown placed upon his head?" He asked, trying his hardest not to look disgusted by her acts of sadism.

"A crown, fit for a king," Annalys responded lowly, much to Robb's horror, "Now, for the hand part, that was personal. He tried to take my hand, I returned the favor. Come to think of it, it didn't really matter. He died anyway."

Robb remained silent, staring at Annalys closely. She was content, as if nothing that just happened bothered her. She was still wearing the peasant dress he stole for her to wear. Blood covered it now, however, her face as well.

It was only at that moment how beaten her face actually looked and the bruises around her neck. "What happened to you? How did you survive being stabbed so many times? How did Stannis get to you at Castle Black?" He asked her softly, trying to keep his eyes on her instead at the headless corpse that was sitting on the Iron Throne, not even three feet away from them.

"I didn't," Annalys admitted, much to Robb's horor, "It killed me. Melisandre stole my body and brought me to Dragonstone. She revived me two months ago..." She trailed off, pondering briefly, "I think it was two months ago. I lost track of time during my imprisonment."

"You've been gone for six months," Robb informed Annalys, causing her eyes to widen while the Stark man's eyes trailed down to her belly, "Is our child--"

"Revived alongside me," She informed him calmly, as if it were normal, "I was dead for three months somehow, meaning the child didn't age during that time. It would seem I'm about nine months along, then."