68

KINGDOM FALL
— 68. War for Westeros

        Beyond the wall, in the cave underneath the Great Weirwood tree, the Three-Eyed Raven was tangled up in the roots

        Beyond the wall, in the cave underneath the Great Weirwood tree, the Three-Eyed Raven was tangled up in the roots. His eyes were pure white while Bran was lying below the tangle, gripping a single root, his eyes white as well.

In the past, Bran and the Three-Eyed-Raven watched a seven year old Annalys and Robb stand in the Godswood near Winterfell. Annalys was helping Robb learn how to properly shoot a bow and arrow. Robb took his aim at a deer and Annalys stood close behind him, looking over his shoulder.

Bran smiled, immediately recognizing them, "That's my brother. Robb. And his wife, Annalys," He informed the man, feeling a weight lifted from his shoulders at the sight of the duo, "When they were children."

"Be still. Deep breath. Hold..." Annalys explained to Robb in a whisper, just before becoming louder, "Now!"

Within seconds, Robb shot his arrow, only to end up missing the deer. The arrow shot into a tree and alarmed, the deer immediately ran away.

Watching the sight, Bran quietly laughed, "He used to laugh at me for being so horrible at archery. It seems he was just as bad," He explained and the Three-Eyed-Raven simply nodded his head in response, knowing they weren't there to talk about how good of an archer his brother was, "She was always been better than Robb at archery. At everything, for that matter."

"Far better," The Three Eyed Raven remarked, just before he and Bran looked back over at the duo.

Robb sighd, looking down at the ground in shame as Annalys gave him a sad look, "Your aim is improving," Annalys tried to assure Robb as she smiled, patting him affectionately on the shoulder, "Next time! We will practice in the courtyard for the rest of the week. Then, we may come back out here," She paused, mocking gasping, "Perhaps we'll bring home a bear."

Robb laughed and Annalys began to smile, "There's no bears in the North," He argued and by the look on her face, Robb knew she thought otherwise.

"What about the Mormonts?" Annalys sarcastically asked the boy, squinting her eyes, "From what I've heard, some of them actually do look like bears."

Robb found himself quietly laughing at Annalys' comment and shook his head in response.

They started in the direction of the castle, only to ave Robb suddenly freeze in place. Not knowing what was going on, Annalys turned to him in confusion. Just then, her eyes widened in shock at the sight of a white wolf standing before them.

Bran, who watched the scene with the Three-Eyed Raven, frowned in concern, never recalling ever being told the story about the wolf.