97

KINGDOM FALL
— 97. Revelation

      That night, Robb entered his and Annalys' chambers to find Annalys lying in bed, her back facing him

      That night, Robb entered his and Annalys' chambers to find Annalys lying in bed, her back facing him. He could tell she was awake by the way she moved slightly while laying down. He also knew that something must have been wrong what with the way Annalys didn't turn to greet him.

Robb removed his shoes, just before making his way over to Annalys. "I thought you said you had to do something tonight that would you leave you out for most of the night."

"I changed my mind," Annalys admitted softly and Robb knew something was wrong by her tone of voice, "I'll do it tomorrow."

"Well, if I'd known, I would have come back to our chambers sooner," Robb informed Annalys in a calm tone, a small smile on his face, "I just spent the last three hours trying to get Lyanna and Eddard to start getting along. I think I'm actually getting somewhere, with Torra's help, of course."

Annalys remained silent, not responding to what Robb had said. Concerned, Robb cautiously laid down next to her on the bed. He wrapped his arms around her, placing a soft kiss to her cheek, "Do you want to talk about it?" He found herself asking her, clearly knowing that something was up with her.

"My mother has been dealt with," She whispered to him softly and Robb could hear it in her voice that she was trying her hardest not to cry, "She will marry Euron Greyjoy and stay away from our children and Jaime."

"And it's okay," Annalys continued on, her tone shaky, "Because I have you and our children. It's all I need in this world. I shouldn't have to worry about my mother anymore. I am grown. I don't need her anymore."

There was a moment of silence between them before Robb heard the small cries coming escaping Annalys' lips. His grip on her tightened as he held her close to his chest. Annalys turned to face him, allowing Robb to hold her as she cried.

"I slapped her," Annalys confessed, causing Robb's eyes to widen in shock, "I slapped my own mother."

"Shh," Robb told her in a hushed tone, holding his wife close to his chest as she cried.

"I'm a monster," She whispered softly, causing Robb to look saddened.

It was all she called herself lately and it pained Robb each time he heard her say it about herself.

____

     The following morning, after her small council meeting, Annalys stood in Torrhen and Joanna's nursery alongside Robb. Robb stood behind Annalys, his arms wrapped around her as they looked down at their children, large smiles on both of their faces.

"How long do you think we have until Daenerys arrives with her army?" Robb found himself asking, an uneasy look on her face.

"I don't know," She admitted in a soft tone, looking just as uneasy, "As you know, Bran is our Master of Whisperers. The first time I spoke to him about it beyond the Wall, he said six months. Now, he says we have more than three years."