70

KINGDOM FALL
— 70. Love Over Fear

   Along the walls of Casterly Rock, Annalys walked with Edric, the two of them conversing about what Annalys was on the verge of doing, "You're truly serious about heading to Castle Black, aren't you?" Edric asked Annalys curiously, earning a sma...

Along the walls of Casterly Rock, Annalys walked with Edric, the two of them conversing about what Annalys was on the verge of doing, "You're truly serious about heading to Castle Black, aren't you?" Edric asked Annalys curiously, earning a small nod in response.

"I am," She replied, letting out a small sigh in defeat, "And I know you'd like to head to Castle Black alongside me, but I can't let Lyanna and Eddard be alone in Winterfell, not when I don't know how long I'll be at the Wall for. I need you to stay with them. Are you willing to do that?"

"Of course, Your Grace," Edric wasted no time answering, nodding his head in response, "I'll protect the twins and care for them as if they were my own. I'll guard them with my life."

"I have one more thing to ask of you," Annalys continued on, causing Edric to give her the look that told her to continue on, "You will be at Winterfell alone. Would you like Jeyne to accompany you?"

Edric's eyes widened in shock at Annalys' question while the Lannister woman smirked, "I beg your pardon?" He questioned, acting as though he didn't know what she meant.

"I'm not stupid. Everyone else might not see it, but I do," Annalys informed Edric with a large smile on her face, "I see the way you look at each other. I know it all too well," She explained, referring to the fact that she and Robb used to look at each other the same exact way.

"Your Grace, I'm so--" He began to apologize, only to have Annalys cut him off.

"It's alright. I know being in the Queensguard means you can't have any relations with a woman, but as I've said before, I want to be different," Annalys confessed, which wasn't the entire truth, "Jeyne deserves to be happy, as do you. I give you my blessing." She paused, letting out a small sigh in defeat, "Just don't tell let my mother or father find out."

Edric remained silent, nodding his head in understanding. He knew why Annalys didn't want her parents to find out. It was just the day before when she forbade their relationship.

"Just don't break Jeyne's heart, understand?" Annalys bluntly asked Edric, continuing to smile, despite being on the verge of threatening him, "I love you both very much, but if you hurt her, I might just have to hurt you."

Edric's face fell at Annalys' words. She, however, continued to smile, patting him on the back before beginning to walk away with Edric trying his best to keep up.

____

That same day, in one of the many hallways of King's Landing, Jeyne was walking alone, on the verge of meeting up with Edric in secret.

Before she could get far, Cersei, of all people, ended up stepping in front of her, blocking her path to their secret meeting place.

"Lady Cersei," Jeyne greeted Cersei, who felt annoyed by what the younger woman had called her.