62

KINGDOM FALL
62. Nymeria

  After hearing Annalys' scream, Robb began to search frantically through the woods for her

After hearing Annalys' scream, Robb began to search frantically through the woods for her. It felt like hours until he finally found her. She was sitting on the ground, two boars lying dead next to her. She was clutching her right leg, which looked be bleeding severely. He couldn't understand why Annalys' blood was black, but didn't make any attempt to question her about it. It was a matter meant for another time. At that moment, all he cared about was making sure she didn't bleed to death.

"Annalys, what happened?" Robb asked in concern, rushing over to Annalys worriedly.

He immediately knelt next to her, seeing the massive blood flow coming from the wound on her thigh. He turned to look at one of the boars, whose tusk was coated in the same black liquid. It must have wounded her, but how did they both die? Annalys didn't have a knife with her. She only had a bow and neither boars had an arrow stuck in them.

"Robb, you are not going to believe what happened," Annalys explained to Robb quickly, panting as she clutched her wounded thigh, "I was hunting for the deer and before I knew it, two boars were chasing after me. I was running through the woods and one attacked me, stabbed me right in my thigh. They were going to kill me---"

"Then, how are you still here?" Robb asked her desperately, his eyes wide at the revelation.

"Nymeria," Annalys suddenly informed Robb, who immediately frowned in confusion.

Nymeria? Who was she talking about?

Despite being wounded and weakened, a small smile appeared on Annalys' lips as she seemed to be astonished by what had happened to her, "Arya's direwolf saved me. I don't know how, but she's in the Riverlands," She explained to Robb, causing him to stare at her in disbelief, "She's bigger than even Grey Wind, Robb. I never seen one so big, not even a direwolf. She leads a pack of wolves. She killed both boars to save me. I recognized her and for a split second, it seemed like she recognized me."

Robb furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, puzzled by what Annalys was telling him, "Where did she go?" He questioned, glancing around with wide eyes.

"She left with her pack," Annalys continued on and Robb turned back to her, a part of beginning to ponder if she hallucinated the entire time.

Why would Arya's direwolf be in the Riverlands? Why would she be leading a pack? How could she be twice the size of Grey Wind. And why the hell did she save Annalys when she barely got to know the direwolf before she left Winterfell with Arya almost five years before?

"Annalys, are you sure you're not imagining things?" Robb questioned Annalys, a concerned look on his face.

"I'm not. I swear it," Annalys argued, shaking her head desperately. She immediately cried out in pain when Robb grab her hand and lifted it off her wound, "Careful, it hurts."