40

KINGDOM FALL
— 40. You Will Be Queen

   In the nursery, Annalys was holding Lyanna in her arms as she rocked in a rocking chair

In the nursery, Annalys was holding Lyanna in her arms as she rocked in a rocking chair. Eddard wasn't with her at that moment, seeing as though Robb had taken him out. He wanted his eldest son to make his first appearance as his "heir".

The similiarity between Eddard's case and Joffrey's case brought shivers down Annalys' spine. Eddard was younger than Lyanna, but he'd always be treated better by everyone around him because he was the firstborn male.

Of course, Annalys wouldn't do the same. Lyanna was the firstborn, regardless of being a girl. Annalys knew that the moment she got to Casterly Rock to rule as its lady, she would make it offical that Lyanna was her heir. She planned to follow in Dorne's footsteps and make the firstborn child heir, regardless of gender.

Just like Annalys had been with her mother, Lyanna was hers and hers alone. She already felt the bond she had with Lyanna to be different than the one she had with Eddard, despite them only being a few months old.

Lyanna was her firstborn. The first of her children she got to hold. The child whose cries immediately stopped the moment her mother was in her sights. Annalys already felt that Lyanna would be different, just like she had been.

Annalys smiled softly as she looked down at her infant daughter. Lyanna stared up at her mother intently, a hint of curiosity in her eyes, despite being so young, "I never knew I could love something so much, until you and your brother were born," She whispered to her daughter in a soft tone, "If I'm being honest, it feels...it feels like it might be the death of me."

Annalys continued to rock Lyanna in her chair as she spoke to her, "All those who have loved me, have lived to regret it. I know that much. But I do know this, my little lioness, I will do right by you and your brother, no matter what," She promised and Lyanna cooed, causing Annalys to quietly chuckle, "You are my daughter, Little Lyanna. My firstborn. You're a Lannister. A lioness. You will grow up to be powerful, strong and brave, just like your mother."

"You may look like your father, but you are mine. Even now, as young as you are, I see a bit of mischief in your eyes," Annalys continued on, staring down at the infant she held in her arms, "That's all me. Robb might not see it, but I do."

"I never understood what my mother meant when she said my happiness is all that mattered to her, but I do now. I'd do anything for you and your brother. Anything to keep you happy and away from harm. Besides my mother and father, you're all that truly matters to me in this world and I pity those who would try to take you from me, for I'd slay them all just to keep you safe."

Annalys stood up from her seat, holding Lyanna up slightly in front of her, "You, my love, are the daughter of the Great Lioness and the Young Wolf. You are the great-granddaughter of the Mighty Tywin Lannister. You're going to be one of the most powerful women the world has ever seen when you grow up. And nothing will scare you." She explained to the young infant, who somewhat giggled as her mother placed her down in her crib.