37

KINGDOM FALL
— 37. Eddard and Lyanna

    In the dungeons of King's Landing, Jaime, Cersei, and Tommen sat together in a cell, looking betrayed, "She betrayed us," Cersei stated coldly, still angered that Annalys had betrayed them, "I trusted her and she betrayed us

    In the dungeons of King's Landing, Jaime, Cersei, and Tommen sat together in a cell, looking betrayed, "She betrayed us," Cersei stated coldly, still angered that Annalys had betrayed them, "I trusted her and she betrayed us."

"Did you see her face when Robb Stark arrived?" Jaime asked Cersei, clearly taking Annalys' side, "She looked surprised. She was actually planning on helping us escape."

"She stood there when they mentioned executing us." Cersei snapped as she turned to look at Jaime, looking beyond angered.

"I was supposed to be executed by Robb during the war, but Annalys stopped it from happening," Jaime argued, defending Annalys once more, "She may be on the North's side, but she's still loyal to us."

"How can you be so sure?" Cersei asked, confused as to why Jaime was still taking Annalys' side, despite what had happened.

"She mentioned Myrcella being kept safe. How could she know that? She's been planning this all along. She knew they were going to take King's Landing, but she planned to save us before we were captured. That's why she looked so surprise when she found us. She had Tommen at her side as well." Jaime explained, but Cersei continued to shake her head.

"She told them about the tunnels, Jaime," Cersei argued, shaking her head in protest, "She kidnapped the king. "

"Yes, But she didn't leave him to fend for himself when the troops came in, did she?" Jaime responded, continuing to argue with Cersei about Jaime, "She brought him with her. She was looking for us."

"The story Annalys told me about was true, wasn't it?" Tommen suddenly spoke up, teary eyed.

Cersei and Jaime exchanged a look, confused by Tommen's words. They slowly turned their heads, looking over at their son, "What story?" Cersei questioned Tommen in concern.

"The story about the mother and her cubs. There was a mother cub and her cubs, two girls and two boys. They lived in the kingswood. But evil things lived there. Like stags and wolves. The family of lions were happy until the oldest girl cub was forced to live with the wolves. She became one. She almost forgot she was a lion when she stayed with them. But then she remembered what the mother cub told her." Tommen explained and Cersei found herself tearing up.

"What did she did say?" Jaime asked Tommen, his eyes wide in shock.

"The mother said,  'No matter what happens you will always be a Lioness. One day, all the beasts will bow to you. You will be queen of them all. All the stags will bow. All the wolves will bow. The bears in the north and the foxes of the south, all the birds in the sky and the krackens in the sea, they will all come to you, little Lioness, to rest a crown upon your head. For you are their savior.'" Tommen told his mother and Jaime, reciting exactly what Annalys had told him, "She returned to the lions, but not because she wanted to. She came because the wolves appointed her to tear apart her family and ruin everything they held dear."