58

KINGDOM FALL
— 58. Rebirth

Grey Wind suddenly entered through the gates of Winterfell, slowly moving toward Annalys' corpse

Grey Wind suddenly entered through the gates of Winterfell, slowly moving toward Annalys' corpse. He whined as he reached Annays, nudging at her arm with his snout. Usually, she'd pet him whenever he walked over to her, but there was nothing. Annalys was now nothing. Grey Wind continued to whine, laying down next to where Jaime held Annalys' lifeless body in his arms.

Just then, Robb entered, alongside many of his men. He became confused when he saw everyone in the courtyard, all of which were sullen and quiet. However, his eyes widened and filled with tears when he saw what laid ahead. Annalys, dead, lying limp in her father's arms.

"No, no," Robb frantically shook his head, on the verge of crying as he went to rush over to Annalys.

However, before he could, Thoros of Myr and Beric Dondarrion suddenly entered, looking determined about something. They pushed past Robb, not looking shocked when they saw Annalys' dead body, "It's exactly like you seen in the flames," Beric told Thoros quietly, but it was loud enough for Robb to hear.

"It seems we were led here for a reason." Thoros responded, exchanging a look with his firned.

They knew what must be doing. They needed to resurrect Annalys, just as the Lord of Light wanted them to.

Before anyone could react, Beric and Thoros rushed over to where Jaime held Annalys' body in his arms, still crying over her body. Just then, they pried Annalys from Jaime's grip, laying her flat down on the ground, "What are you--" Jaime asked, a horrified look on his face.

Just then, Thoros leaned over Annalys' body, beginning to chant the same words he always recited when he resurrected Beric, "Lord, cast your light upon this woman, your servant. Bring her back from death and darkness. Her flame has been extinguished, restore it. For the night is dark and full of terrors." He chanted, just before repeating it, "Lord, cast your light upon this woman, your servant. Bring her back from death and darkness. Her flame has been extinguished, restore it. For the night is dark and full of terrors."

Thoros slowly pulled away Annalys and both Jaime and Robb watched in confusion, not knowing what was on the verge of happening.

Robb kept his eyes fixed on Annalys' body, only to have his eyes widen when he saw Annalys' fingers move slightly. Just then, a large gasp for breath escaped Annalys' mouth as she abruptly sat up.

Each person in the courtyard was stunned speechless, especially Jaime and Robb. Not knowing what was going on, Annalys glanced around with wide eyes, panting for breath. She didn't understand what was going on. Why was she in the courtyard?

The last thing she could remember was standing in the weirwood forest, fighting the Night King. She had defeated him, but her wounds were far too life-threatening for her to tell the tale. She had dropped to her knees before falling face first into the snow, dying soon after.