21

KINGDOM FALL
— 21. Ser Bronn of the Blackwater

  Soon enough, Annalys arrived at her room

  Soon enough, Annalys arrived at her room. She yelled at the servants to leave, allowing her to be alone. Jeyne attempted to stay, but Annalys ordered her to leave as well. Once Annalys was alone, she began to pant for breath, trying her hardest not to cry.

She became so consumed with anger that she began to repeatedly punch the wall at full force, hoping the pain that came with it would distract her from how heartbroken she was. The knuckles on her left hand began to bleed, leading to Annalys finally stopping.

  Soon enough, she couldn't deal with it anymore and a loud sob escaped her parted lips as she knelt on the ground. She began to sob loudly, clutching her stomach. Jaime may have listened to her and not told anyone, but that didn't change the fact that Robb would soon hear about the annulment.

  With all of the news that seemed to be spreading because of her about Robb, he would soon begin to think that she was betraying him. He would never forgive her, thinking she had been planning it the entire time. But that was a lie. It wasn't the truth.

  Suddenly, Annalys was snapped out of her thoughts when there was a knock on the door, "Go away!" She screamed, still crying.

    Despite Annalys' order, the door still opened. Annalys turned to yell at the person, only to become shocked when she found her mother, "Jaime said you learned about the annulment. He thought you might need me..." Cersei trailed off, looking uneasy by Annalys' state, "since you were angry with him."

"Do you know why?" Annalys asked her mother in between sobs, "Did he tell you?"

"No," She admitted after a moment of silence, shaking her head, "But it doesn't matter."

Cersei slowly walked over to other okids look okpppo. A saddened look grew on her face at how distraught and heartbroken Annalys looked at that moment. She tried her hardest not to cry as she knelt on the floor beside her eldest daughter. It pained her to see her eldest in such a state.

Cersei wasted no time wrapping her arms around Annalys, allowing the girl to sob in her mother's arms.

Annalys continued to cry and Cersei began to tear up at her daughter's state. She stroked Annalys' hair in comfort, not knowing what else to do. None of Cersei's children ever opened up to her like that, especially not Annalys. Cersei hadn't seen Annalys cry since she was five years old. Annalys was always so strong and never let herself become as hurt as she was at that moment.

Annalys, deep down, knew that any time she had cried since she was younger, Robb had somehow been involved. She loved him so much, but she had to admit, being with him also brought her the most pain. She did things for him she never thought she'd do for anyone. She killed for him. She betrayed her family for him. She carried his children. She would have done anything for him and she still would.