52

KINGDOM FALL
— 52. Regret

    Once they were all gone, it left Annalys and Jaime alone

    Once they were all gone, it left Annalys and Jaime alone. Annalys wasted no time sitting back down, beginning to write a letter to Jeyne.

Jaime poured them both a cup of wine, just before he made his way over to Annalys. He held one out to her, only to notice the way she declined.

Jaime found himself frowning at her actions, which Annalys immediately noticed, "I'm slowly weaning off of wine," She informed her father, sending him a quick look before continuing to write her letter.

"And how long has this lasted?" Jaime questioned curiously, raising a brow at his daughter.

"I started today." Annalys informed Jaime, smiling slightly, "I tried to do it last week, but failed."

Jaime quietly laughed at Annalys' statement, finding himself rolling his eyes at the thought, "How did you get the Tyrells to agree to help us?" Jaime questioned, noticing how most of their soldiers were from the Reach, "I could've sworn they left us to fend for ourselves in King's Landing only a year ago."

"Which was my doing," Annalys informed Jaime, who frowned at the revelation.

She never told him that.

Jaime found himself quietly sighing in defeat, but decided not to question her, "Why are they helping us?" He asked Annalys in concern, "What did you promise them?"

"How do you know I promised them something?" She retorted, only to look up at Jaime to see the knowing look he gave her, "I offered to arrange a marriage between Tommen and Margaery when I take the Iron Throne."

"You did what?!" Jaime exclaimed, his eyes wide in disbelief.

"Tommen is the prince. He's thirteen. By the time I retake the Iron Throne, he'll be of age," She explained to Jaime in a calm tone.

"Your mother won't agree." Jaime reminded Annalys, who already knew that was the case.

"But Tommen did," She replied, earning a large frown from Jaime, "Did you really think I'd arrange his future and not tell him? He's quite happy about marrying Margaery, actually."

"You asked him?" Jaime questioned, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"Of course, I did," Annalys scoffed loudly, "I wouldn't just force him into a marriage against his will."

"And that makes you different than any other person in Westeros," Jaime remarked, finally sitting down next to Annalys at the long table, "I have a feeling you'll do the same with Lyanna and Eddard?"

Annalys softly smiled at Jaime's question and nodded her head, "That I will." She confirmed.

Jaime remained silent, staring at Annalys closely as if he was waiting to ask her something, "What is it?" Annalys questioned, sounding frustrated by the fact that Jaime hadn't asked his question yet.