32

KINGDOM FALL
— 32. Dragons

  Annalys' eyes opened, finding herself dreaming of standing in the throne room

Annalys' eyes opened, finding herself dreaming of standing in the throne room. She walked through the large hall until she reached Iron Throne. She walked up the steps before stopping in front of the Iron Throne.

"Do it. Take a seat," A male voice suddenly spoke up, causing Annalys to jump in fright as she turned her head to see Tywin standing next to her in front of the Iron Throne, "Go on, do it."

Annalys opened her mouth to question her grandfather, only to have him continue on, "It is what you're meant to do. It's what you've dreamt of being your entire life. The Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. Now, go on. Do it."

Not understanding what was going on, Annalys decided to just go with it. She went to take a seat, only to stop when she felt someone grab onto her arm, "Don't." Another familiar voice suddenly told her, causing Annalys to turn to stare at Robb in utter shock, "Don't do it, Annalys. You take a seat on that throne and you'll destroy everything we have. Don't you want to be with me again? Don't you want to be happy and live up North with me?"

"A wolf and lion," Tywin suddenly scoffed loudly, gaining her attention once more, "Now, that's a marriage that was doomed from the start. Sit on the Iron Throne. You and I both know that is what you truly want. Take the throne and you may protect your family. You can bring power and glory back to the Lannister name. You may be queen in your own right, not because you're a king's wife."

Annalys tensed up comfortably, glancing between both Tywin and Robb. She didn't know what to choose.

Family, duty, and power with the Lannisters, or love, safety, and happiness with Robb up North.

Just then, Annalys' attention went elsewhere where she heard a loud inhuman screech from a distance. She turned her head with a frown, not understanding what was going on.

She turned to look back at Robb and Tywin, only to find them to be gone, along with the Iron Throne.

She sighed in defeat, looking back in the direction of where she heard the screech coming from. Cautiously, Annalys walked down the steps and toward the door, away from where the Iron Throne formerly resided.

She walked through the doorway, only to suddenly find herself now standing in an open field. It looked to be the Westerlands, but she didn't know for sure.

Numerous members of the Lannister, Stark, Tully, Martell, and Tyrell armies were scattered around when she heard the loud screech once again. Annalys immediately looked up, only to have her eyes widen when she saw three large dragons flying through air, the largest one being ridden by a woman with pale blonde hair.

She was a Targaryen, Annalys knew that much.

"Shoot the scorpions!" The familiar voice of Bronn shouted out, causing Annalys to turn to see him standing with Jaime and Robb, much to her disbelief.