60

KINGDOM FALL
60. Torrhen and Joanna

 Torrhen and Joanna

Annalys, who now had her hair dyed brown, sat in front of Robb on their horse. After fleeing from the Baratheon soldiers, they were only able to buy one horse without using all of Robb's money, leading to Annalys and Robb riding on the same horse.

Of course, Annalys did have money of her own with her, but she wasn't going to tell Robb that. She yearned to keep it for emergencies only and didn't feel as though buying two horses counted as one.

They silently rode through a scene of brutal violence, with villagers slaughtered amongst their upended carts, flies buzzing at their corpse. Robb looked disgusted at the sight while Annalys did not, clearly expecting to see such a thing. She remained silent, trying to keep her expression unreadable after witnessing the horrific sight.

After all, it was her fault. She had been the one to order Lannister soldiers to terrorize the villages in the Riverlands in the first place.

"When am I going to get a horse of my own?" Robb asked in annoyance, growing tired of having to share a horse with Annalys.

"Never," Annalys replied in a cold tone, earning an eye roll from Robb, "Now, shut up."

"Oh, so now you want be cold to me?" Robb playfully asked Annalys, tightening his arms around her waist as he leaned closer to her and brushed his lips against her earlobe, "I could've sworn it was quite the opposite last night."

Annalys laughed humorlessly, moving her head away from Robb's as she pried his arms from her waist, "A moment of weakness, that is all. One that will never happen again," She immediately told him, much to Robb's dismay as he sighed in defeat, "Here we are."

Annalys' horse came to a stop as they reached an inn. They could hear the sounds of men heard in the buildings, none of them peaceful and positive.

"I'm hungry. You're hungry. We should stop," Annalys explained confidently, not caring about the risks of being recognized by someone or the fact that it sounded as though the men were arguing inside.

"What if the men recognize us?" Robb asked Annalys uneasily, clearly more worried about it than she was.

Annalys remained silent for a moment, studying the area around them, "Six horses, which means six men. If it comes down to it, I can kill him them easily."

Robb found himself rolling his eyes at Annalys' remark, "Is killing your solution to everything nowadays?" He complained in annoyance.

"When it suits me..." She trailed off, nodding her head in agreement, "Yes. Yes, it is."

"There's a neat trick you do," He paused, leaning closer to Annalys as he spoke to her in a low tone, "Your lips move and your father's voice comes out."