6

KINGDOM FALL
— 6. The Aftermath

  "Stay close to me," Annalys told Robb in a hushed tone,  nervously glancing around, "They'll be here soon to save us

"Stay close to me," Annalys told Robb in a hushed tone,  nervously glancing around, "They'll be here soon to save us."

Robb frowned in utter confusion, not having the slightest clue what Annalys was talking about. He opened his mouth to speak, only to be cut off by Walder Frey.

   "Your Grace." Lord Frey, causing the music to stop as Robb and Annalys turned toward the man.

   Robb exchanged a look with Annalys, who he never had the chance to ask what she meant. He became worried, only to notice the assuring look she gave that told him everything was fine before she turned to face Walder, which led to him doing the same.

What did Annalys know that he didn't? She had been so secretive lately, what if she was planning to betray him the entire time?

  Walder stood up with a cup in his hand, everyone taking a seat but Robb and Annalys, who was preparing to defend herself and Robb when the time came, "I feel I've been remiss in my duties. I've given you meat and wine and music but I haven't shown you the hospitality you deserve. My king has married and I owe my new queen a wedding gift, courtesy of myself and her brother, the king."

  Without even having to turn, Annalys noticed Black Walder moving toward her with a knife in his hand. As he swung at her, Annalys ducked and lifted up the skirt of her dress. She unsheathed both of her daggers, just before she stood back up.

Black Walder swung his knife at her once more, but Annalys quickly blocked the man's knife with the blade of the dagger she held in her right hand.

Having the feeling he wore chainmail underneath his clothes to protect his body, Annalys instead drove her second dagger through Black Walder's right eye. Once she knew Black Walder was dead, Annalys pulled her knife out of his eye, allowing him to drop to the ground.

Just then, Annalys looked up to see the musicians now had crossbows, "Robb!" Annalys called out in concern, only to witness as Robb was shot in the shoulder with a crossbow twice as he turned to face her.

  Instead of going to kill Robb's men, the Frey men instead moved toward Annalys, knowing she was the only one that was actually armed. She moved closer to her husband, grabbing him by the arm.

She pushed him behind her, as if he were some damsel in distress, but she was the only one armed so Robb let her, "Come any closer and I swear to you, I will take my blade and cut you open from balls to brain. Maybe then, I'll see what Freys are bloody made of!" She roared at the men angrily, but before they could attempt to reach her, the sounds of the doors to the dining hall caused everyone to turn.

Annalys sighed in relief, turning to look toward the door to see the Brotherhood Without Banners enter, led by Beric Dondarrian, a man she never got to meet, and Thoros of Myr, "Protect the Queen and King!" Anguy shouted out, immediately shooting numerous men around him with his bow.