38

KINGDOM FALL
— 38. The Queen of Death

    Days later, Annalys stood on the balcony of her chambers, looking out onto Blackwater Bay

Days later, Annalys stood on the balcony of her chambers, looking out onto Blackwater Bay. Since the birth of her children, there was only two things on her mind: Figuring out a plan to get her family back and figuring out what the soldiers did with Tywin's body. She learned soon after giving birth that Tywin had fallen in battle, but she felt the need to have some type of funeral for her grandfather, even if she was the only one in the family that was actually allowed to attend.

If they had asked her a year ago to hold a funeral for her grandfather, she would have responded with, "Not a chance in the seven hells."

However, matters were different now. She didn't hate her grandfather. She hadn't in months. In all honesty, she grew to love and care for her only grandfather. The only grandparent she would ever have. She looked up to him and learned a great deal from him.

She needed to have a funeral for him, to say goodbye.

Hearing a knock on her chamber door, Annalys was snapped out of her thoughts. She didn't even have to turn to know it was Robb. He held a plate of food in his hands. He did the same thing every day. He always brought her a plate of food around noontime, hoping that somehow, he'd be able to convince her to have a conversation with him.

It never worked, though, but he still kept trying.

Robb opened his mouth to speak after placing the plate filled with food onto the table. Before he could do so, though, Annalys ended up cutting him off. "I want to see my grandfather." She suddenly spoke up, slowly turning to face Robb.

Robb frowned, confused by Annalys' words, "I beg your pardon?" He questioned her, clearly believing he heard her wrong.

"Where's my grandfather's body?" She continued to ask Robb questions of Tywin's whereabouts, "I'd like to see him. To pay my respects to the dead. He is my grandfather, after all."

Annalys continued to stare at Robb, who looked at her if she were mad. Never in a million years did he think Annalys would ever want to pay respects to Tywin Lannister's dead body.

By the look on Annalys' face though, Robb knew she wasn't joking. Not for a second. She wanted to see Tywin one last time and he had a feeling she wouldn't stop until she got her way.

"In the Sept of Baelor. Stannis refused to burn his body like he did with most of the unclaimed bodies. He sent a raven to Casterly Rock, asking for a member of the Lannister family to come to claim the body. He was hoping Tywin's brother Kevan would come. Not because he thought it was the right thing to do to have him pay respects to his brother, but because he was hoping to trap him. He wants Ser Kevan dead for some reason." Robb explained to Annalys, who didn't seem to be all that shocked by the revelation.

"My uncle isn't a fool. He knows it's a trap and will never come," She explained, letting out a sigh in defeat as she walked closer to where Robb stood near the round table in the middle of the room, "I'd like for you to tell Stannis that I want to see my grandfather's body. I'd like to say my goodbyes in the Great Sept of Baelor. He may be an enemy to Stannis, but he's still the former Lord of a Great House. He was Hand of the King for many years to Aerys Targaryen and both of my brothers. He deserves a proper funeral with his eldest granddaughter in attendance." She explained, clearly not taking no for an answer.