81

KINGDOM FALL
— 81. What We're Good At

 What We're Good At

   That day, after splitting up from the rest of the group, Freyja and Annalys headed back to Hardhome in a different way than the others had gone in. Annalys was still confused by Freyja's decisions and intended to find out what the hell she was missing. She knew somehow, it had to do with Freyja's daughter, Torra. She knew that much. She had a feeling it had to do with Torra's father, but didn't know exactly how. He was a man of the Night's Watch, Annalys knew that much. However, Annalys knew for a fact there was more to the story.

He couldn't just have been an ordinary man who had joined the Night's Watch, it had to be something else.

Annalys was snapped out of her thoughts as the wind became stronger and far more powerful than it had been before. The wind whipped and the snow around them became like a blizzard. The two women felt as though they could hardly see.

"Does it usually snow like this?" Annays asked, trying her best to speak over how loud the wind whipped around them.

"No! Something's wrong," Freyja informed Annalys, an alarmed look on her face.

The duo found themselves hearing a rustling in the trees, causing Annalys to become concerned. She glanced around, but could barely see due to the blizzard weather. She turned her head to look over at Freyja, who seemed to be able to see something in the distance that Annalys couldn't.

"What is it?" Annalys asked in concern, only to have her eyes widen when she saw a large white creature with blue eyes, "What is that!"

"Bear," Freyja informed Annalys in a hushed tone, her eyes remaining locked on the creature who hadn't noticed them yet, "He has blue eyes. He must be apart of the Army of the Dead now."

Annalys looked horrified by the sight, neither seeing a bear before, nor a wight. Before they could react, the bear locked eyes on them, much to their concern, "Run!" Freyja shouted and without hesitation, the duo began to run away as fast as they could.

The bear was much faster than the two woman, the fact that it was apart of the army of the dead now made it much worse. The bear was on the verge of grabbing ahold of Annalys. However, before it could, Freyja roughly pushed her forward, leading to the blue-eyed-bear to grab her instead. He grabbed at her ankles, beginning to drag her away.

Annalys immediately steadied herself after Freyja pushed her forward. She quickly grabbed Freyja's hands, attempting to save her. Of course, she struggled against the bear, who was far stronger than Annalys could ever be. The vast amount of snow blowing into her face from the blizzard made it far worse.

"Leave me!" Freyja shouted at Annalys urgently, crying out as the bear clawed at her ankles, "Go! Go back to Hardhome!"

"No!" Annalys argued loudly, shaking her head in response, "I'm not leaving you."