45

KINGDOM FALL
— 45. Visions

      After Robb had left his chambers, Annalys was going to head to see her children but found Robb to be with them

After Robb had left his chambers, Annalys was going to head to see her children but found Robb to be with them. Knowing she wanted to avoid him as much as possible at the moment, Annalys headed to the dungeons to see her parents once again. She was beyond tired, seeing as though she hadn't gone to sleep that night, but she knew she needed to see them.

Annalys walked up her family's dungeon to find Cersei and Jaime sitting on the ground as they had been the last time she saw them. Tommen sat on the ground, playing with a small wooden lion that Annalys had bribed a guard to give him weeks before.

Cersei's eyes immediately lit up at the sight of her daughter, only to notice the tears welled in the woman's eyes. "What happened?" She asked in concern, but Annalys looked hesitant to tell Cersei, knowing it wasn't right that Tommen would have to hear.

She sighed in defeat, knowing she had no choice, "He gave me permission to see you any time I pleased. He threatened to kill you all if I tried to free you," She informed Cersei and Jaime in a calm tone, noticing how Tommen turned to her with wide eyes for a long moment before quickly looking away, "I want to hate him for all he's done, but I find myself unable to. A part of me wants to forgive him for all that he's done but I know I can't. I love him."

"What have I told you so many times before?" Cersei questioned Annalys in a stern tone, sounding a bit frustrated that she always had to repeat herself, "Love no one but your children, anyone who isn't us is an enemy. You must remember that. Now and always. Understand?"

Annalys slowly nodded her head. She looked down at the ground, beginning to tear up, "I don't think I can last another month, Mother. I'm doing things I've never done before, just to make him feel happy," She confessed and Jaime looked up at Annalys, giving her a questioning look.

Jaime frowned slightly, not knowing what she meant. She remained silent as she noticed his expression, gesturing downwards. Finally understanding what she meant, Jaime found himself consumed with anger, "I'll kill him," he suddenly spoke up in a low tone, causing Annalys to turn toward him, "I'll kill Robb Stark for all that he's done. To you and the rest of our family."

"There's no need for that, Jaime," Annalys tried to assure her father, shaking her head in disapproval, "I'm sure my betrayal will tear his heart in half," She paused, awkwardly looking away from them, "I must go."

Annalys turned to leave and Cersei sighed in defeat. She knew Annalys had to keep doing what she was doing, despite not wanting to. It had to be done.

"Annalys," Cersei hesitantly spoke up, causing Annalys to turn to her mother once more, "You must continue with what you are doing. If you want your plan to work, you must keep his interest, despite how you may feel. It's the only way, my love."