19.

Lani' bedroom

"Lay you ready to go?" Midnight called out as he went upstairs to the old guest room but he had now turned into Lani's room. Lani was the definition of a Tomboy, no matter how hard her mother tried to dress her up, she just wasn't feeling it. So instead of having the usual pink and purple, Lani convinced Night to do a basketball theme. She didn't exactly know how to play basketball, all she knew was that it was better then ballerina and TuTus.

"No, I don't wanna go home. I wanna stay with you." This was everytime Lani came to sleep over, she never wanted to leave.

"Why you always do this to me bruh."

"Because I don't like momma's house. She got too many kids and I gotta share my room with my brother and he stinks!" She shouted out and that made night chuckle as he walked to the queen size bed, laying down. Lani followed suit, before laying on his chest. She would always do this when she wanted something, in this case she wanted to stay.

"How many kids ya mom got?" Jenny was Lani's mom but her and Night really didn't speak like that. They only got on the phone to arrange plans as to when Night was going to pick Lani up.

Krazy was Night's half brother but they was tight like they shared the same mommy and daddy. Krazy was only 22 when he got shot down, a block away from where his daughter was to be conceived at. Three minutes before Jenny pushed out Lani.

When Night heard the news he didn't shed not one tear. He knew who had killed his brother, at the tender age of 16 he caught his first bodies. You kill one of mine, I kill ten of yours. That's the law night stood by, still to this day.

"Only three. I think she pregnant though." She said and night shook her head.

"You think ya momma goin let you stay for one more week?" Night asked her and she nodded quickly.

"Yes, ask her. I know she's gonna say yes, I know she is."

"Girl calm ya lil ass down. Go Grab my phone in my room, and don't touch nothing else ." She nodded jumping off the bed and running into his room before speeding back to her room. Midnight watched in amusement cause she was too funny. She really wanted to stay with her uncle so bad.

"Arianna is calling." The phone started ringing and she passed his phone that looked like a tablet in her tiny hands, to him.

"Wassup?" He answered the phone hearing Cassie in the background, yelling per usual.

"Night have you walked princey Pooh?" Arianna would always call to check up on the dog because in her eyes she thought night didn't give a fuck about prince. To night....it was some what true. He wasn't going to let prince die but basic necessities a puppy needed like walking, Night rarely walked him.

" Man nawl....I was about to get to it though. Matter of fact you come and walk him. "

"Meet me at cedar park, in like three minutes." She said and night looked at Lani.

"You tryna walk the dog?" Lani nodded quickly like she was happy as hell to be walking that ugly ass dog.

"Ight Lani coming too."

"Why do you still have her, her momma finna' kill yo ass and she got school Monday."

"Duh like I don't know that, I was finna inform Jen about the new plan since shorty wanna stay wit' me."

"Awl that sweet, she wanna be with her unc unc." Night smiled looking at Lani cause he looked at her like she was his daughter, ever since birth. It used to be times when she was younger, she would slip up and call him " dada" but Night had to stop that real quick. Even though her father was long gone her uncle still wanted her to know who her father was, and how great of man he was.