79.

One months later

"Okay so I booked for a side part closure but I actually just want a middle part." My client told me and I nodded my head as I started braiding her foundation. It was a Saturday morning and I was back in the shop, I was back taking appointments since last week and I was currently catching up on all passed canceled appointments. Meaning I was in the shop for hours on top of hours. It was hard work but I loved it, kept me busy and kept me from worrying about shit that wasn't my business.

Of course shit was still happening like I wasn't single. Night was still not accepting the fact that I wasn't his no more. He still didn't like the idea of me working so he tried to be busy whenever I needed him to watch Kai for me. Even though he knew I had work, 9/10 if it was my turn to have her she was in the shop with me. Neither one of spoke or really had extended family so babysitters were a non-factor.

"Your baby is so pretty."

"Awl thank you so much."

"How old is she?"

"Six months, next week. I just had her though." I chuckled looking at her.

"You should make her a Gerber baby."

"It's crazy because all my clients tell me this but I know her daddy ain't going for that."

"He probably the over protective type."

"Hell yeah, he don't want nobody that he don't know touching her."

"Dang I was just finna' ask if you, if I can hold her."

"Girl he ain't here, plus she a happy baby. All she goin' do is watch TV." I had kids cartoon playing, teaching her ABC's. I stopped for a little as she went and picked her up, as I told her Kai let her hold her and sat peacefully in her lap.

"Awl she give me baby fever."

" all I'm saying is take your time." I said and she chuckled as she continued playing with her. It took me close to an hour and thirty minutes to finish doing her hair and I was on to the next client. It was non stop like that for the whole day till' it was time for me and Kairi to go home.

Just like I had told Night I was going to get my own place and start fresh from there. Of course he had my address and would just randomly show up when he was in the area. I guess tonight he was. I just hoped he didn't think I was goin' touch him after Cassie had told me what bitches he was digging in.

It hurt my heart to know that not even a month into our break and he was already fucking new bitches.....but what did I expect. Night was a hoe before he met me so it was only right for him to go back to his hoe ways.

" why you always over here? I'm never at your crib." I said taking out the car seat that Kairi was in. He grabbed it for me not answering my questions and made his way into my condo. It wasn't nothing to giant, Just enough space for me and Kairi. It was secluded of course and was in a gated neighborhood, I didn't play that.

"She sleep, please don't wake her up, she's finna be crying all night." Night was the type to wake her up like a dumbass just to play with her.  "And it's already 11 almost 12."

"Who told you to be having her out all types of late."

"Don't talk to me like I ain't the mother."