74.

"All you do is sleep mamas, you so boring." I said talking to a sleep Kai. I couldn't complain though, for the most part Kairi was a good baby and she rarely cried. Just don't take long with her bottle or her titty milk. Yes I was breastfeeding but planned on stopping after her 6 month birthday. She was almost two months and slept for majority of the day. I was able to bring her to the shop and work on hair for hours and her not cry or nothing. At first it was weird and I actually took her to the doctors to make sure everything was fine and she just a non-crying baby.

"Man leave ha' alone and stop talking to her."

"Don't tell me what to do with my child."

"Girl boo." He said as a way of dismissing her. She noticed him take out his duffel bag before stuffing a few white shirts and some sweatpants.

"Where you finna' go?"

"Handle some business."

"How long you finna be gone?"

"Not that long." I wasn't feeling the vague answers so I just stopped talking until I remembered my backed up schedule.

"Okay just know that I work everyday this week and I don't like bringing her everyday."

"Cause you needa be at home, with your child." We had been fighting about me working and how he didn't like that Kai was at the shop with me, but he never showed up on time to get here before I left to go to work. To say the least he had been working my nerves for the past week and I was over his bullshit.

"And you do what? Night just shut the fuck up before you make me mad."

"Why I always gotta shut the fuck up before I make you mad?"

"Cause you're a hypocrite and just wanna argue."

"How?"

"Talking about I needa be home with my child, who been home with her while you been doing whatever."

"I've been making money."

"don't I make money?"

"Nawl. That's lil change." He said and I rolled my eyes cause he was so rude.

"I'm sorry that I don't slang drugs and I actually have a real career."

"And I don't?"

"Those are cover ups,"

"Still my businesses. Plural...multiple."

"Yeah I feel like you're trying to belittle my Career and ion like that."

"I ain't, I say chase your dreams but my daughter comes first and if I'm making the bread then ion feel like you should be working right now. There is no reason you should be working."

"I like making my own money, I have a whole brand that I can't just abandon. You not understanding me."

"I am. You ain't understand me. And them lil showey ass photoshoots you love doing they so over with." He said leaving out the room and I rolled my eyes huffing. I just really wanted to cry because it wasn't fair. Midnight was literally trying to cut off how I make my money and I didn't like that.

Three days later......

"Oh my gosh thank you for watching her, I really am going to be late for this shoot. And it's a brand deal, I'm so fucked up." I said as I rushed to get my belongings together. Night was supposed to come back this morning but he failed to do so, I stayed up all night with Kairi cause she just wouldn't go to sleep. It wasn't so that she was fussy, it just seemed like she just wanted me to be up with her.

So waking up this morning was challenging and I had to wait for Cassie to come over so I could leave.

"You doing facet right?" She asked me and I nodded.

"Yeah, keep it on the low. If night happens to comr when I'm gone tell him nothing about where I'm at."

"Why? You finna get your ass beat like when you sneaked and worked at the club."

"He talking about I can't do photo shoots and shit like that but I don't wanna just sit on my ass, doing nothing. I like making money too."

"You know that's right, just call me if anybody wanna fight."

"Girl bye, but seriously I love you and text me if you have questions about anything."

"I love you more and go before you be more late."

"You right." After saying goodbye to unbothered Kairi I made my out the door and to my destination. As soon as I got there I went straight to hair and makeup which took two hours alone.

"Ari? Is this ari?" What looked like the photographer asked as he came into the dressing room.

"Yes that's me?"

"Brian watts, nice to meet you. Photographer. Somebody is here who wanna speak to you." My heart literally jumped out my ass when I thought of Night face appearing in the doorway but it wasn't him. The face I did see made me surprised and confused as ever.

"Kimani..?" I asked and he gave me a smile as Brian left the room leaving me and my makeup artist who left after doing my final touches. He gave me a side hug, as if he was trying to be careful not to touch me anywhere inappropriate. I appreciated that gesture.

" I ain't think you was goin remember me.....you been so MIA."

"Yeah I was, I've been pregnant for majority of the year." I told him and I chuckled at this face expressions. "You didn't know? It's all over my Instagram."

"I ain't really on that too much, but congratulations. You look fine as hell to just had a baby. Girl or boy?"

"Baby girl and thank you."

"No problem, I ain't think you was goin show up. You late everytime?"

"No I'm not and I do apologize for that. But are you the owner or? Not tryna be rude but why are you here?"

"This my brother line and he said he copped you as a brand ambassador and you was goin be here today so I staked out."

"Awl so you was waiting on me?" I asked with a slight blush and he nodded.

"Yeah been waiting for forever. When you goin' let me take you out."

"As friends?"

"Awl Mann." He groaned shaking his head making me giggle.  "You still bagged?"

"Yes."

"Damn. I guess I'll settle for that....as of right now." He grabbed my phone placing it in my head. "Take my number down." He gave me his number and I called him so he could have mines.

"Hit me when you tryna take advantage of that."