41.

"Slow down, slow down." I yelled to as she Lani was literally running everywhere. Her uncle was already irritated and was complaining the whole time, he quickly grabbed her, pulling her over to him. He squatted down to her height and told her to look at him.

"What I tell you about running around?"

"Too many niggas in here." She said and Night nodded making me smack him on the back of his head.

" what!?"

"WhAt!? You know what. Stop telling her to say that." I said mocking him and he smacked his teeth, rubbing his head.

"Man stop doing that, but Lani yo ass don't need to be running around ihht? Stay where I can see yo ass." She nodded playing with her fingers cause she was embarrassed that Night told her to follow directions. I gave her a lil' hug cause she was always extra sad when Night yelled at her.

"Pick that lip up too." Night added standing up, going back to his height.

"Where you wanna go?" I asked her and she was just leaning her body against me with her back towards against night. I chuckled cause she was spoiled, her lil ass was about to cry cause she got yelled at.

"You wanna see the elephants?" She didn't say anything and I looked at Night who shrugged his shoulders.

"Guess we can leave th-"

"No!" She yelled out and night looked back and around his shoulders.

"Who you barking at like that? Cause we can go home."  Night said flicking her nose, "ion like yo attitude, it's booty."

"You booty." She retorted back before sticking out her tongue. " come on Ari, we don't have to stay with him." She said pulling on my hand in the opposite direction that we were walking too.

"I drove y'all big dumbasses, but whatever." He said with his hands up in surrender, sitting on a bench and taking out his phone.

"Call me when y'all done." He said and I nodded giving him a kiss before me and Lani went our separate ways.

"He look just like prince Ari." Lani said as she pointed to the dog that looked exactly like prince. I was spooked because Night had told me he had left him in "great care" but the collar around the dogs neck looked just like the one I had bought for prince months ago.

"Prince!" I started whistling and as soon as I said that he started barking and my eyes grew. I grabbed Lani hand as I bent down untying the leash and we quickly dashed away. I couldn't lie and say I wasn't scared because who the fuck had my dog, in New Jersey, when he was supposed to be in New York. Only one person came in mind. I started panicking seeing Night wasn't sitting where he was a few minuets ago and I pulled out my phone, with prince still in my arms.

"Damn y'all done already."

"Night we just found prince here what the fuck is going on."

"It can't be, he wit me uncle in New York, you stealing folks dogs now?" Me and lani both jumped as he crept on us behind us. He was smiling but his smile went away as he saw prince in my arms. To add to the confirmation that the dog was prince, he started barking at Night which he always did.

"Come on, lets go."

"No I wanna stay! We just got here." Lani said and I huffed cause the tantrum was about to start and that's not what we needed right now.

"Lani this ain't the time, we will come back."

"No!"

"man who the fuck you barking and telling No, get you ass to stepping before I file on ya ass. Unfold your arms and fix them fuckin eyes." I frowned at Night because I didn't like how he was talking to her.

"Night stop."

"You finna be next if you keep on talking to me." My frowned deepened as I turned around making our way to the car. I didn't like the vibe I was getting from him and I just knew it was because of prince and what that meant.

The whole ride to the house was silent, neither one of us said a word to each other and surprisingly Lani stayed silent too.

" go pack your bags we leaving tonight." That's all he said before he left into the bathroom and I followed him.

"And then what? Back to New York? Baby I can't keep doing this. I have a career that needs stability."

"Can I get shit figured out first Arianna? It's way too deep then what the fuck you think. Thad ain't the only one I'm worried about."

"Then who else?"

"That's doesn't con-"

"Yes it does! Night stop treating me like a child or something fragile okay? I want to know any and everything that concerns my safety. You never tell me anything." He huffed licking his lips shaking his head.

"Word around town I got 800k cash on my head. Saint, he controls the trades and drug flow around the islands. Anything that goes through there goes through him."

"This saint dude....why does he want your head."

"He's Thad uncle, the one who put him on to the game."

"So of course. You killed his whole family and you didn't think of the repercussions? I swear you so dumb night."

"Why you saying it like I'm finna be popped? You don't believe inna nigga?" I smacked my teeth rolling my eyes.

"I don't like this at all. Call my crazy but I think Thad stole my fuckin dog and is in New Jersey as of right now."

"I ain't calling you crazy Ari. Imma get him handled I promise." I rolled my eyes at him and he had the audacity to try and grab my hand but I pushed him away.

" I just wanna go home Night, I don't wanna stay here. You keep saying next week, and next week come and you add on another week. I'm not complaining, the house is beautiful but I have to go back to the real world and handle my business."

"I kn-"

"No you don't, you don't know. I'm finna' go to sleep. Good night."