62.

Ps. I went back and fourth with Night and Ari POV. Hope y'all don't get confused 😭

"Man that shit crazy ain't it." Chop said as we were both watching the news. The news crew were filming in front of Tina Graves house, who was apparently Khalid mother. Midnight had made the news once again.

" Khalid Graves who was known in the neighborhood as a notorious gang member, which police believe that indeed gang violence was the motive to his death. His mother who did own this house was fatally shot as well, as well as Natasha benson who was the mother of Graves  three month old son. He was the lone survivor of this deadly massacre.  This isn't the first murder of a mother and son. Earlier this year we covered a story on....." I tuned out as they started talking about Thad and how the suspect was yet to be found but both cases had similarities.

"Damn ain't this some shit. He ain't even call me to tell me this was the go. What the fuck? That nigga was my brother."

"Chop what the fuck you talking about? He don't gotta tell you nothing when he handling business."

"It was probably all about some money. Night be too far gone wit' that shit, that nigga rich as hell. Still killing over 50 piece." I shook my head cause clearly Night ain't tell him nothing. " I should've known something was up when he asked me for his whereabouts."

"Why you think it's over bread?"

"Cause he owed him hella bread but night ain't never press the issue....until now I guess. Night was like his big homie though. Ain't that some shit?" Chop said shaking his head as he grabbed his phone. I assumed he was calling night cause his voice started getting loud.

"Yo what the fuck!? You see the news my nigga?......you don't care? That's family bro- none of that other shit should matter. Cmon na."

"Man fuck off my line." I heard midnight say cause he was never with the arguing. I assumed night hung up because chop was left looking dumbfounded. I really wanted to tell him that his so called little brother was a monster and deserved to die.....but that wasn't my place. I was just happy my sister got the justice she deserved.

                               ——————————-

"Who was that?" Ari asked me as I pulled her head from under the covers. I didn't even want no head no more, the whole conversation had me on soft. She frowned at me and I just knew the questions were coming next. "What's wrong?"

"I'm cool off of that." She seemed even more shocked when I told her that. " it ain't you ma'."  I said kissing her lips and she pouted getting under the covers.

"Okay if you say so, sound like you were ready to cuss whoever was on the phone."

"If I ain't cussing you out....don't worry about it."

"Why when it comes to you I can never worry about you. But let me start acting weird and you in my throat about it."

"Drop it Arianna." He said and I huffed grabbing the tv and turning it on. I flipped the channel's seeing breaking news on all the channels. Before I could even see what they were talking about, night grabbed the remote turning it off. "You don't need to be watching that shit." I bit my lip deciding not to say anything. I pulled myself closer to him as I placed my thigh over his torso.

"What's wrong?" I asked him and he shook his head turning off his phone and putting it under the pillow.  "Stop lying to me, I wanna help."

"Go put on some clothes. You making me feel some type of way."

"Uh duh, I was tryna love on you but you  wanna get in your feeling after that phone call. Then I'm asking wassup and you ain't tryna say nothing." I low key snapped on him.