38.

"Damn man, what the fuck you want me to tell them?" Chop asked me as we looked around the smoke infested apartment. The fire fighters had already cleared the fire but it still was smokier then a motherfucker.

I clenched my jaws because my patience was running out, I was frustrated because this nigga kept slipping out my fingers. I was trying to take my time in planning out everything I was doing but it seemed like he was playing with me now. 12 in the morning, I hear a phone call from Ari and she was sobbing and crying. I was glad that I didn't ignore this call because that would have killed her. The tenant had called Cassie and Ari telling them that their apartment building had been set on fire and large amounts of carbon dioxide had been let into the air. Two residents that lived in the building that had been exposed to the large amounts of dioxide were pronounced dead.

It didn't take to much thinking to figure out that this was another attempt from Thad to kill my baby but I wasn't having that shit. He had to be quicker in his thinking to think that I wouldn't relocate Ari and Cassie.

"Tell em' it don't look that bad, shit ion know." I said rubbing my nose as I looked around and everything was ruined literally.

"Ari finna cry, all her purses gone." Chop said and I nodded cause she was probably already crying. Starting her new collection wouldn't be a problem for me but it's some bags that she had collected that were one of kind and will never be made again.

"Shit hell yeah, Cassie bong out this word." I chuckled seeing the pieces all over the floor in the corner. I came across a shattered mirror and I could see my reflection through the little pieces. I wasnt goin' lie a nigga was tired and had not slept in 72 hours, no cap. I wasn't complaining because hard work was going to pay off. I couldn't rest until I had this bitch.

"Night your ass needa go to sleep. You look like hell." Chop told me and I smacked my teeth.

"How I'm supposed to sleep and my baby home looking like this. Now I needa find a place, new wardrobe allat. I gave her a week and it's been more den  that, shit gotta get moving. Y'all motherfuckers talking about I needa be careful and cautious with my shit, that shit got me nowhere bruh. This some dumb shit." I said clenching my teeth together, calming myself down.

"Man Night it ain't goin' be too long mane. As of right now we need to stop letting him get to us because our girls are safe where they are. He ain't getting to them or your money so relax. Get yo' shit together so we can drop this off to Cinni mom house. She invited us to the funeral."

"I ain't going to that bitch shit. I really could give two fucks about that bitch and she could've have died earlier." I ain't have no sympathy for her and was jealous of Thad that he killed her before I did, cause I would've did worser. Snake ass

"Well damn nigga, tell me how you really feel." Chop said with a chuckle and I shrugged my shoulders. She was really one of the reason why we didn't catch the problem when it first started to happening. I didn't want to say I was tripped out about this shit, but I was. Shit  was getting hectic and to find out your own was snaking was a disappointing ass thing. I couldn't even look at shit the same,

" man let's get outta here before I lose my mind. I needa break, I jus wanna make sure my girls straight."

"What? You finally finna' head out that way?" He asked and I nodded. I was missing my lil baby, it had been damn near a month since I seen her.

"Yeah I might, I wanna see what Lani bad ass doing before I even make that move. Might bring her but her lil' ass be cockblocking." I shook my head remembering that night. I wanted to beat her lil' bad ass.

"But you know if you go see her, you not leaving without her." Everybody knew the bond me and my niece had, she was everything to me and I held her very close to my heart. That was one person I definitely didn't play about. Thinking about all my options I decided that she was goin' come on the road trip with me. I wasn't the only one missing Ari.