Baby

I paced around the living room, chewing on the skin around my fingernail. My brunette hair was up in a messy bun and I wore nothing but short, black pajama shorts and one of Bradleys old band shirts.

He'd be back home soon and I had big news for him. Well for us. I had taken about a dozen different pregnancy tests and they'd all come out positive, which meant I was pregnant. I hadn't been feeling well and blamed it on stress and maybe a cold I was coming down with and Bradley had been so sweet about it, taking care of me and cooking or buying food, yet being pregnant only came to mind this morning so I bought a bunch of tests and took all of them.

I was nervous of how he'd handle the news, though. He already had a daughter with Irina and we'd never talked about having children of our own. I didn't know if he even wanted a baby with me. Heck, I didn't even know if I wanted a baby. Was I even ready for it?

I knew he was a great father, whenever I saw him interact with Lea my heart felt so warm and I fell in love with him even more, but Lea was getting older now and I was worried he wouldn't want more. We both weren't the youngest anymore and babies were a hand full after all.

I ran a hand through my hair, pushing my bangs out of the way when the front door opened. the puppies rushed towards it and I listened to their tiny feet scraping against the floor.

"Stef? I brought pizza, I know you're not feeling well, so I thought we could watch-" he stopped when he noticed me pacing around the room, before I finally looked up at him, forcing a smile onto my face. For being an actress, I sure as hell wasn't good at lying to him or hiding my emotions.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" He asked, putting the warm cartons on the table and slipping out of his shoes. He neatly placed them where they belonged and joined me in the living room. His hands gently massaged my shoulders like he always did. He placed a gentle kiss on top of my head and left his lips there, breathing in my scent.

I shook my head, not even trusting my voice to be stable enough to answer him. I held onto his body and breathed in his scent, fearing this could be the last time. Would he leave me? I knew it was an irrational thing to ask myself since I knew he'd never leave me. He wasn't the type of man to leave a woman if she was pregnant.

Bradley then pulled away before getting another good look at my face. "Something's wrong, I know you, Stef. Talk to me." He said, rubbing my cheek with his thumb. I almost started crying at the simple gesture.

I nodded and sat down on the couch with him, not saying a word. I didn't know what to say. "I'm scared, Bradley. I don't know how to say this." I said, hiding my face in my hands. He pulled them away and intertwined our fingers, shooting me a worried look.

"Why are you scared?" He barely whispered.

I sighed and shrugged. "I don't want you to leave me. I love you."

Bradley raised and eyebrow and chuckled. "Stef, I love you, why would I leave you?" His head was tilted to the side, like always when he admired me. His eyes wandered over my features.

"I'm pregnant, Bradley." I finally said and his eyes widened. He didn't say anything for a while. His mouth was opened a bit out of shock and I bit down on my cheek, awaiting his reaction. My heart was almost beating out of my chest and I felt myself getting hot.

"You're pregnant? Like, getting a baby?" He asked and I nodded, carefully.

A wide smile spread across his lips and he leant forward, kissing me lovingly, before pulling away again. "Fuck, you're carrying my child." He mumbled, his forehead against mine as he extended one of his hands out to touch my flat stomach. He lifted the shirt a bit and caressed my naked skin with his thumb, shaking his head. "I love you." He said.

I pulled away a bit, the worried look still on my face. "So, you're not leaving me? Are you mad?" I asked, trying to read his expression. "I know we've never talked about it before and I didn't know if you'd even want a baby with me." I added.

He chuckled and shook his head, wiping some tears from the corners of his eyes. "Are you crazy? This is the best thing that could've happened to me. I love you, Stefani and I can't wait to raise our baby with you." He said, kissing me again.

"I was so scared you wouldn't want a baby with me." I mumbled, playing with the collar of his shirt.

"I want a whole fucking house full of babies with you." He smirked.

"Slow down, cowboy." I grinned, pushing some of his hair behind his ear, leaving my hand at his cheek.

"I love you so much. The both of you." He looked down at my stomach again, before kissing me.

"I love you too."

His hand on my flat stomach and his loving eyes looking into mine were everything I needed to know that everything was going to be alright.