best friends brother [9]

A year later...

"If you take one more step, Bradley, I swear I'll scream." I warned him. We were both a few feet away from each other, a wooden spoon covered in some cookie dough in one of his hands while I held out my hands in front of me. He shot me a mischievous smirk and raised the spoon up higher.
"Bradley Charles Cooper, I'm serious! Put the spoon down!" I warned him again.

Without giving me another chance to say something he aimed the spoon at me, the liquidity dough on it flying my way as it landed all over me. I squealed and then scoffed in disbelief, wiping some of it off of my face. "You're a dead man!" I yelled and Bradley dropped the spoon, running off, making me chase after him. We both ran around the house like little kids, laughing and yelling at each other until Bradley stopped dead in his tracks, making me bump into him.

"Mom? What are you doing here?" He asked.

I blushed when I realized what we were wearing, which wasn't more than our underwear and a shirt and hid behind him a bit more.

"Well, since you moved to New York and left your poor, old, lonely mother behind I thought I'd visit my only son and his girlfriend." She stated, eyeing us up and down before smiling. "I'm just happy to see that you're happy here."

Bradley smiled before he hugged her, making her groan and push him away again. "There's plenty of time for hugs. Get cleaned up first. Both of you!" She demanded.

"Yes, ma'am!" Bradley held his hand up to his forehead like a soldier and grabbed my hand, running towards the bathroom and dragging me along.

"I'm happy to see you again, Gloria!" I yelled while I ran upstairs with Bradley and just heard her chuckle.

++++

Bradley and I laid in bed that night, both of us on our backs, staring at the ceiling. "You do realize that she'll force me to propose to you soon." Bradley said with a chuckle leaving his lips.

I giggled and shrugged. "You're her only son. The pressure's all on you, cowboy." I joked.

"Would you say yes?" He turned his head to look at me now.

"Depends. What would I get out of it?" I turned my head towards him as well, smirking.

He scoffed. "An amazing fiancé and future husband of course! Isn't that enough for the great Lady Gaga?!" He teased me, poking my side.

I laughed and rolled on top of him, placing a soft kiss on his lips. "More than enough." I said, straddling his hips. My hands were both on his chest as I pushed myself up.

Bradley placed his hands on my hips and smiled. "Good, because I already bought the damn ring." He said, making my eyes widen.

"Wait." I paused and smiled. "You're really serious about this? I mean, I'm not sure if you're serious about me. Yes, we're doing great and I love you, but-"

Bradley quickly flipped us over, hovering over my body now before he quickly pressed a kiss on my lips to shut me up. "I love you, Stef. I will always fucking love you and I don't know how many times I have to tell you for you to finally believe me." He said, brushing some hair behind my ear.

"I do believe you, it's just hard for me to accept the fact that anyone can love me despite all the baggage that comes with loving me. It doesn't seem worth it to me." I shrugged, placing my palms on his chest. I could feel his fastened heartbeat underneath my fingertips and felt calm in an instant.

"You're worth much more than just that to me. I'd never eat ice cream ever again, just for you and if that's not the biggest sacrifice I could make then I don't know what is!" He joked, making me giggle.

"Oh yeah, that'd be horrible!" I remarked sarcastically.

"I'm serious about us. I've never been more serious in my whole life." He said and kissed me again. "And I know I spoiled the whole surprise of the proposal and now also isn't the most romantic or movie-esque time to ask you to be my wife, but-" he opened the drawer next to our bed, pushing some things out of the way that he put on top to hide the dark red, satin box and sat up on the bed.

I jumped up into a sitting position with a gasp when it slowly dawned on me what would happen now. I stared at the box and then back up at Bradley with my lips slightly parted in disbelief and shock.

"I really love you. I never believed in this whole love thing. You know, the butterflies in your stomach and wanting to spend your whole life with one person, have kids, grow old and wrinkly together and then I met you on that beach. I swear I've never been this infatuated with anyone before and I don't think I'll ever be able to eat ice cream again without thinking about you and why I fell in love with you. You're so beautiful, smart and successful and everything you say or do makes me fall in love with you even more each day." He let out a deep breath and nervously fiddled with the box before he finally got it open and revealed a diamond ring. He looked back up at me while he took it out of its box and held it up in front of me. "I don't want to spend another day of my life without you by my side, Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, so please don't say no now." He shot me a worried look, making me bite down on my lip to suppress a laugh. The tears were running down my cheeks uncontrollably and I could barely contain my excitement anymore. "Will you marry me?" He finally asked. He looked so fucking adorable with his messy bed hair, white shirt and grey sweats on that hung low on his waist.

"No." I said, seriously, watching his face turn into a  horrified expression before I laughed and jumped into his arms. "Of course, I'll marry you! I love you, Arizona boy." I mumbled into his neck, closing my eyes for a moment.

"I love you." He pulled away to slip the ring onto my finger. "It's not that big of a diamond, I-"

I cut him off by grabbing his face and pressing my lips on his. "It's perfect." I whispered against his lips.

The end.

Hope you liked this cute series because I enjoyed writing it! :) any more suggestions for longer stories? I'm currently writing on one inspired by the hangover movies!