The heart wants what it wants

It was cold inside of my apartment and I hugged myself, rubbing my hands up and down my arms while rushing to the heaters to turn them up even higher.

I had been inside of my dark apartment for a solid week now. Precisely since Irina and Christian broke up with Bradley and I. Irina broke up with Bradley because of me and Christian broke up with me because of Bradley. It was crazy, how this movie turned out to be a blessing and a curse all at once. I'd never expected to fall for someone else besides Christian. I was so done with dating after Taylor and when Christian came around I'd promised myself that he'd be the last one, my forever. And I really thought he was.

And then Bradley came around, with his stupid movie, his stupid cute smile and he had me wrapped around his finger before I could even attempt to fight it.

Christian caught on to my weird behavior and the fact that I'd slowly and honestly unknowingly distanced myself from him much sooner than I did myself. I thought I had it all under control and that what I felt for Bradley, maybe just was a temporary thing. Hormones and shit.

It wasn't. It literally destroyed two relationships. Even months after the movie and promotions stopped. We hadn't even seen each other since the last interview a month ago, yet our partners both broke up with us for the same reason.
It was all over tabloids already, Bradley had confirmed their break up and since Irina was salty about it she'd told them it was all because he was in love with someone else.

She didn't say it was me, but everyone basically knew it was. I knew it was me.

Christian and I thankfully went our separate ways much more peacefully. He accepted the fact that I'd fallen for someone else and we agreed on staying friends. Turns out, he'd also had his eyes on someone else already.

Even though I wasn't heartbroken and I didn't really have a reason to shut myself out from the public world, I still did. It felt like heartbreak. I didn't even dare to check my phone, let alone social media in fear of getting attacked by everyone for being a home wrecker and hurting Irina or something. I didn't care much about her anyway, I wasn't a big fan of hers. She'd never been particularly nice to me, she's always been jealous and tense when I was around so I was polite but we'd never become friends and I didn't think she'd wanna become my friend now anyway.

I played with the hem of my 'guns n roses' shirt that covered about half of my thighs. I didn't bother wearing any pants around the apartment and my hair was in a messy half bun. The hair style was silly, it didn't even help to keep the hair out of my face.

When I heard a knock on the door I frowned and stayed still in the middle of the room, trying to figure out whether I wanted to open the door or not. After a second, louder knock I slowly made my way towards it and opened it a bit, peeking outside.

"Bradley?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him. He looked as handsome as ever and I opened the door wider. I didn't care that he saw me without pants, he'd seen me in much less when we were filming.

"Hey." He paused. "Can I come in?"

I nodded and let him in, shutting the door behind us when he had passed me and was inside. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

Bradley didn't say anything and instead just took a step towards me. It took me a good second to process the fact that he was kissing me. It wasn't for a camera, it wasn't Ally and Jackson kissing. This was us, Bradley and Stefani and he was inside of my apartment, kissing me.

When he noticed that I was hesitating, he pulled away again and took a step back, shaking his head. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have come here to kiss you and-"

I shut him up by grabbing his hands and making him look at me. He waited for me to say something and honestly, I did too. I didn't know what to say, so I did what he'd done before: I kissed him.

It was slow and passionate and he kissed me back, his hands barely touching my waist as mine softly touched his cheeks. I was on my toes to reach him and I smiled when we pulled away for air.

"I'm glad you came here to kiss me." I admitted, biting down on my bottom lip.

"I also came here to tell you that I fell in love with you, Stefani. I tried to fight it because we were both in relationships and I knew this would blow up, but I couldn't help it." He explained, brushing some hair out of my face.

"The heart wants what it wants." I finished for him.

"And my heart wants you, if you want me. I'm all yours." He whispered against my lips and I answered by connecting them again.

"And I'm yours." I mumbled, giggling when he picked me up to carry me to my bedroom.

"Let's make sure it stays that way." He teased.

"Oh, you think your dick is gonna make me stay?" I teased back, gasping when he threw me on the bed.

"I know it will." He said and his confidence was sexy as hell.

And damn, he was right. I'd never need anything or anyone else after him. I didn't even think there was an after him.

Our hearts surely got what they wanted.