Stupid love (mature)

"Gloria is coming over for dinner tonight." My mom said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Gloria?" I asked, looking up from my phone.

"Yes, Gloria. Bradley's mother." My mom said.

I rolled my eyes. "I know who that is. Why the fuck is she coming over though?"

My mom shot me a warning glare and I frowned. "Watch your mouth. We're still friends. Just because you and Bradley don't talk doesn't mean we don't." My mom explained and sighed. "Even though I don't understand why you two don't talk anymore. You used to be so close."

I groaned and looked back down at my phone. "Ask Bradley. He is the one who suddenly stopped answering my calls and texts and you know I don't run after men. Or anyone for that matter."

My mom sighed and pressed a kiss to my head. "I know, darling. Just be nice to Gloria tonight, okay?"

"Of course. It's not her fault her son is a bastard." I said before I could think about it and apologized for my foul mouth before my mom could scold me out again.

She laughed a little and got started on dinner.

++++

I had just closed the zipper on my tight red dress when the door bell rang. I heard my mom rush towards it and just when I opened my door to join them downstairs I heard his voice. Bradley fucking Cooper. How dare he come into my home after what he did to me? He played me, flirted with me, made me feel wanted just to then drop me like a hot pocket that just came out of the microwave.

I immediately stopped and stood still in my door frame, angrily walking back into my room and slamming the door shut. I couldn't believe him. Why the fuck would he think this was okay?

I ran a hand through my blonde curls and looked at myself in the mirror. My red dress was rather short but not too short and I showed the right amount of cleavage. I had to admit that I looked bomb.

The door to my room opened and I turned around to look at my mom who had an apologetic look on her face. "I had no idea he'd come as well." She said.

I crossed my arms in front of my chest. "I'm not leaving this room until Bradley Cooper is out of this house." I stubbornly announced.

My mom sighed and nodded. "I'll see what I can do, but don't get your hopes up." She warned, making me sigh. She shut the door behind herself and I turned back around towards the mirror.

After a few minutes the door to my room opened again. "Did you get rid of-" I stopped dead in my tracks when my eyes met his in the mirror. I quickly turned around just as he closed the door to my room behind himself. "Get out." I glared at him.

He sighed and shook his head. "No. You hear me out now." He demanded.

"Why the fuck would I be doing that? It's not like you tried to explain before! You just ran away like a piece of shit!" I angrily yelled at him, throwing my hands up. "You've had your fun, Bradley. Congratulations!"

He rolled his eyes and took a step further into the room. "It wasn't fun, Stefani. You know better than anyone else how complicated our lives are! I couldn't just drop everything for you." He said.

"So you chose work over me?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest again, rolling my eyes. "It's not like I wouldn't have understood, Cooper. You do know that I work harder than anyone else and I would've never held you back from doing what you love, for fucks sake."

"It's not just about work." He groaned, rubbing a hand over his face in frustration. "I'm not a fucking cheater and when Irina found out about us she freaked out!"