New Guy 2/?

Bradley hadn't left his house in days and he didn't have to. The job he had didn't require him to and it was much safer that way. He was lonely, craved social contacts and to talk to anyone at this point but he refrained himself from doing so.

Stefani had been extremely busy at work. It was summer season which meant more cakes to bake. Everyone wanted to celebrate and have barbecues and the bakery was running hot at all times, just like her oven.

Bradley would often glance over to her house and see that the lights in her kitchen were still on at three in the morning. Sometimes he'd even catch a glimpse of her body moving around the kitchen and it made him smile. She was truly glowing.

He was deep in work and when a loud knock on the door echoed through the house, he jumped a bit. His feet carried him over to the door and he opened it before checking the peeping hole, which he scolded himself for right after since it was careless. Relief flooded through his body though when he saw who it was, yet he also wished she wasn't here. She was short, even shorter than he remembered, but her skin was more tan and glowy under the sunlight. Her blonde hair was messily tied up in a ponytail on top of her head and her lips looked much pinker than he remembered them to be.

"I haven't seen you around lately and I was wondering if I could come in and we could... I don't know? Talk?" She asked, shrugging. She couldn't stop thinking about him and needed to find out more about him, it was part of her curious nature to do so.

"I haven't left my house, that's why." He answered her unasked question. "I'm actually busy right now, so." He tried to get rid of her.

Stefani rolled her eyes and shook her head with a smile on her lips. "Nice try, but you can't be working all day. Take a break!" She ducked under his arm that was holding onto the doorframe and made her way into his house.

Bradley held back a groan, checked if anyone had seen her and then quickly shut the door. He swiftly maneuvered over to the windows to let down the blinds so no one would be able to see inside. Stefani raised an eyebrow at that but didn't question it since she was intruding his home right now.

"You didn't manage to unpack much yet." She stated while her fingers brushed against one of the full moving boxes.

Bradley shrugged. "Might not stay for too long." He said.

"Do you move a lot?" She asked.

Bradley shook his head. "Not if I don't have to."

Stefani squinted her eyes at him. "You're weird." She giggled. "You don't talk much, stay inside all day and night, don't want to be seen with me and!" She raised a finger and paused. "You're nervous all the time. What are you hiding from?" She asked and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

Bradley tried to hide his reaction from her and instead gave her a chuckle. "You've seen too many crime shows. Maybe I just like being alone." He said and sat down on his sofa.

Stefani immediately joined him and sat down next to him, her legs crossed. Her knees touched his thigh and she folded her hands on top of her legs. "You're lying and you're very bad at it too."

"You don't know me."

"Yet I know you're lying to me. So, what are you hiding from, Bradley?" She asked again.

Bradley rolled his eyes. "Nothing."

"If you keep lying to me, I might get offended and I will let you know that I am half Italian and have a huge temper!" She warned him.

Bradley laughed. "Me too."

"Don't distract me with the fact that you're also Italian because that just makes you more attractive to me!" She whined.

"You don't have a filter." He smiled. It felt good to talk to someone after the constant silence in his home. She brought the light back into his life and his heart beat faster whenever she was around.

"Why would I need one?" She frowned. "I'm not the liar here!"

Bradley shook his head with a smile and shrugged again. "I'm not lying."

"Then tell me a bit about yourself." She leaned against the sofa to get more comfortable. "Where are you from?"

Bradley sighed. "I can't tell you anything about me because I fear it'll put you in danger."

Stefani sat upright again and shot him a confused look. "What do you mean?"

Bradley shouldn't have said anything in the first place and he knew there was no getting out of this anymore. At least not with Stefani. She wouldn't leave him alone anymore after this and he would have to do anything in his power to protect her. Even if it meant risking his own life. "I didn't move here because I wanted to."

Stefani snorted. "Figured. Continue." She waved her hand at him.

Bradley sighed and rubbed over his face with one of his hands. "Don't freak out now and you have to promise me to never, ever, not under any circumstances, tell anyone about this conversation." He warned.

Stefani nodded. "What did you do?"

"Promise me."

Stefani swallowed but nodded. For some odd reason she trusted him; she felt safe with him. "I promise."

Bradley took a deep breath. "It was in September, 2014..."