little runaway [2]

Stefani's POV:

I pushed my black sunglasses up to rest on top of my blonde waves and breathed in the scent of the freshly cut grass surrounding the park area. It was a beautiful and sunny day and I had a day off from work which led me to the park. I'd always enjoyed nature and loved watching all kinds of people go on about their days. My own life wasn't too interesting, besides the fact that I was a producer and worked with pretty famous people, which wasn't always the most pleasant experience. Most of them were rude and stuck up and money can buy anything in that business field.

I raised a brow and looked up from the book I was reading when I heard some quiet sobs come from behind a large tree and noticed some pink fabric of a dress peeking out. I slowly got off of the bench, put the book back into my bag and made my way towards the sounds. When my eyes landed on a tiny, blonde girl I knelt down in front of her, a warm smile on my face. She looked up when she noticed me, wiped over her ocean blue eyes with the back of her hand and sobbed again.

"Hey, sweetheart. What's wrong? Where are your parents?" I asked.

"I lost my daddy." She cried harder, the sight of it honestly breaking my heart.

"Oh baby, it's going to be alright! I'll help you find him, okay?" I offered. When she calmed down a little and smiled at me with a nod, I picked her up. She immediately wrapped her small arms around my neck and buried her face in the crook of it, her short legs dangling around my waist. "Okay, were you on the playground before? You know, the one with the big swing?" I asked her, earning a small nod.

I giggled and propped her up on my arms a bit more and started walking. "What's your name, baby?" I asked her, trying to distract her a little more.

"Lea." She said in her cute voice and leaned back to look at me.

"That's a beautiful name. I'm Stefani." I smiled at her.

"That's a pretty name too!" She giggled. "You are very pretty as well!"

I playfully poked her nose with my finger. "Oh, but you're so pretty yourself, Lea!"

She blushed and hid behind my hair, giggling adorably at my compliment. When we reached the playground area Lea looked around, trying to spot her father. "Daddy!!" She yelled when her eyes landed on a man, who rushed around the area with wide eyes filled with worry.

When he heard her little voice call out for him his head immediately snapped towards us and I saw him let out a sigh of relief. "Lea!" He yelled as well, finally running towards us. I let Lea down and they met half way, the man throwing her up into his arms, hugging her body tightly to his.

I smiled at the reunion and couldn't help but notice how handsome he was. Now I could see where Lea got her beautiful, blue eyes from. He had a tight grip on his daughter and twirled her around, making her laugh with her head thrown back.

"Stefani helped me find you!" Lea told her father, pointing at me and his eyes finally landed on me, noticing me for the first time really, now that his daughter was safe with him again.

"Thank you so much." He breathed out, clearly still shaken up a bit. I smiled and shook my head, waving him off.

"Of course. You have an adorable little girl there." I said in a baby voice brushing through Leas hair, making her grin at me.

He smiled and nodded, his eyes lingering on me for a little too long before he cleared his throat. "I'm Bradley." He introduced himself, holding out the hand to me that wasn't holding Lea up. I shook it and blushed when I noticed how well my hand fit in his, the feeling making my heartbeat quicken.

"Stefani." I paused. "I should get going then, don't want to disturb your reunion any further." I said and turned around with a smile and a blush creeping up my neck.

"No! Don't leave!" Lea whined, surprising both, me and Bradley.

I raised a brow at her sudden outburst.

"Daddy and I are hungry. Are you hungry?" She asked me, making Bradley and I laugh a little.

"I'm sure your father wants to have dinner with you alone."

Bradley's eyes snapped up towards me and he smiled, shrugging. "I kind of owe you a dinner at least." He said, playing along with his daughters attempt at getting him a date.

"You don't have to." I blushed.

He chuckled. "I'd love to take you out for dinner and Lea seems to want that too, don't you?" He asked her. Lea grinned widely and clapped her hands together in excitement, sticking her bottom lip out to me in an adorable pout.

"Please?!" She asked.

"I can't possibly say no to that!" I giggled and nodded. "Okay. Let's have dinner then."

This is kinda short as well but it'll get better...I guess lol