It's you (mature)

Stefani shut her eyes and felt him move inside of her. She let out a small moan and grabbed his neck tighter. "Bradley." She moaned.

"Bradley?" Michael immediately stopped and looked at her. "What the fuck, Stefani!" He groaned and pushed himself off of her body.

"Oh my god, no. Wait." She panicked. She couldn't believe she just moaned Bradley's name while having sex with Michael. "I didn't mean to, Michael wait!" She rushed after him while closing the bathing robe around her naked body.

Michael worked on buttoning his shirt while they both rushed downstairs and towards the front door. "Save it. I should've known you didn't love me. You never did." He scoffed. "It's always been him and it will forever be him. I don't even stand a chance." He shrugged. He was clearly hurt and he had every right to be.

Stefani knew she was leading him on, using him to try and get over whatever she felt for Bradley. After Bradley and Irina split everyone blamed her for it and they decided to keep their distance until it calmed down but then they never got back in touch. Stefani was sure he'd moved on, that Bradley never even felt the same for her in the first place. She'd constructed this beautiful image of what they could've been under different circumstances inside of her head but ultimately had to face reality: Bradley didn't love her and she'd run into a dead end. "I'm so sorry, Michael. I never wanted to hurt you. I really like you." She sighed.

He shook his head with a sad smile on his lips and placed a kiss on her forehead. "I love you, Stefani and that's why I'm going to go now. I don't want to see you again, I'm sorry." He sighed and left.

She'd lost everything. Bradley, Michael, her sanity. What now?

••••

"Damn dude. Who the fuck bit you in the ass today?" Dax chuckled and bit into an apple while leaning on the counter with his elbows.

Bradley rolled his eyes and shrugged. "You know that date I went on? Yeah, it sucked. She was just not... not..." he struggled to find the word.

Dax raised an eyebrow. "Not Stefani?" He chuckled.

Bradley groaned. "She doesn't even see me like that, Dax."

"You, my friend, are an idiot. Of course she does. Your chemistry was undeniable and she adores you. What makes you think she doesn't love you?" He asked.

"The fact that she has a boyfriend she posts about every two minutes." He angrily grumbled and swirled the silver spoon around inside of the cereal in front of him.

"They split. Yesterday." Dax said. "Man, you need to check your texts when I send you one." He teased.

"They did? Why?" He asked curiously.

"I don't know. You've got her number, ask her?" He laughed. "You're friends right? Friends check up on each other when they hear about them breaking up with someone." He suggested. "Call her."

Bradley ate some of his cereal and nodded. "You're right. I will."

"I'm always right!" They laughed.

••••

Stefani groaned when the phone on her nightstand lit up and squinted her eyes when she grabbed it and swiped her thumb over the screen to answer without checking the caller ID. "It's 3 in the fucking morning." She angrily grumbled into the phone and buried her face in her pillow again.

Bradley chuckled. "I'm sorry, love." He said.

She immediately lifted her head again and even though she knew he couldn't see her, she brushed through her hair to make it more presentable. "Bradley? Why are you calling? I mean, not that I'm not happy to hear your voice! It's 3am." She repeated, rambling a bit. She stopped herself when she heard him let out a small laugh on the other side of the line and quietly scolded herself for not being able to shut her mouth for a moment.