1998 [3]

"Bradley, for gods sake, hold still." I groaned out while I tried to adjust his tie.

Bradley and I have been dating for about 6 months now and everything went fine. He was moody and frustrating as hell, he never listened and thought he knew better all the time, yet he had his soft and loving moments that made me fall in love with him in the first place.

"I don't know why I have to wear a tie." He mumbled, looking at himself in the mirror before tugging on it again. I let him mess it up, tired of trying to keep him looking neat.

"You've been avoiding this for weeks now, finding a damn excuse as to why you can't meet my parents and now that you finally are you'll put in that extra effort." I explained. I stood in front of him and looked up into his face with a warm smile.

He sighed and kissed me, holding me tight against his body. "I'm just nervous, I guess. If they're anything like you, they'll hate me." He whined, making me laugh.

"Bradley, I love you and even if they end up hating you, they'll just have to accept you anyway. They want to see me happy and I am very happy with you." I placed another kiss on his lips and left my palms on his chest, feeling his fast heartbeat underneath my fingertips.

"I want them to like me." He said, sighing. "I know I'm not the most likable person to walk this earth and I usually don't give a flying fuck about other people's opinions of me but for some reason the thought of your family hating me gives me a headache." He admitted.

"It's because you love me." I teased, making him roll his eyes.

"I should've never said I love you." He joked, making me hit his chest before I adjusted his tie one last time only for Bradley to loosen it up again.

++++

"I just remembered this very important phone call I have to take." Bradley said when we walked up to the restaurant. I squeezed his hand in mine and rolled my eyes with a smile on my lips.

"Babe. They'll love you, just try to be yourself." I assured him. He was absolutely adorable when he was nervous and I'd never seen him be nervous before. He was blushing and his hand felt sweaty against mine but I didn't mind it.

Bradley nervously looked around and swallowed hard when I dragged him along with me towards the table where my parents and sister sat at. They all got up when they spotted us and I greeted them with hugs and kisses. I noticed Bradley standing next to me like a damn statue and gently placed my hand on his cheek in a loving gesture. It seemed to snap him out of his nervous trance and he immediately stuck his hand out to no one in particular as everyone waited for him to say something.

"I'm Cooper. I mean Bradley. Bradley Cooper, but please call me Bradley. Stefani calls me B sometimes but I hate it. I'm her boyfriend by the way." He rambled with his hand still waiting for someone to shake it as he tried to look at everyone at the same time while talking.

Oh my god.

I saw Natali hold back a laugh and my mom and dad both just looked at each other before I started laughing, making everyone join in. Bradley blushed even more and pulled his hand back, rubbing his neck.

My dad was the first to calm down again and he patted Bradley's shoulder. "It's very nice to meet you, son."

Son.

My mom smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck in a hug and he gently hugged her back, still a bit overwhelmed by the situation and we all sat down after Natali had also hugged him.

I grabbed Bradley's hand in mine, intertwined our fingers and let them rest on my legs. "I love you." I whispered to him and it seemed to calm him down a bit.

"So, Bradley. Why do you think you're good enough for my daughter?" My dad asked, sipping on his water.

"Dad!" I complained, making him raise an eyebrow.

"What? It's a good question." He shrugged.

"Well." Bradley started. "I'm not." He answered, making everyone's eyes look at him, including me. Did this masterpiece of a man just tell everyone that he didn't think he was good enough for me?

"Truth is, sir, that I don't think anyone could ever be good enough for your daughter. I'm definitely a handful, I'm not good at socializing and being a good human being and I've definitely not been the perfect partner for Stefani so far, but I'm trying to be the best version of myself that I can be for her." He paused. I felt tears well up in my eyes. He'd never been this open with his feelings towards me before and I honestly felt a bit overwhelmed. "Stefani is kind. She's like this fresh breeze of air when she walks into the room. She manages to steal all of my thoughts when she's around and even when she's not around. I didn't think I had it in me to fall in love and she proved me so wrong. I'm madly and deeply in love with your daughter and maybe it'll never be enough for you, but I hope it's enough for her." He finished and finally looked at me.

I smiled and giggled when he wiped one of my tears away with a confused look on his face. "Why are you crying?" He asked.

"Because I love you and you're more than enough for me." I said in a shaky voice before I kissed him.

"Holy fuck, even I shed a tear." Natali blurted out as she dramatically dabbed her eyes with her fingers.

++++

"It went better than I thought it would." Bradley said when we walked back into our home after dinner with my parents. I took off my heels and followed him into the bedroom.

"You were amazing. They really love you." I said with a smile on my face and wrapped my arms around him. He sat down on the bed and pulled me on top of his lap. "I love you." I added when I was comfortable on top of him. The way Bradley had changed for the better in these past months that I've been with him was truly magical to me and I found myself falling in love with him more and more each second of the day.

Bradley pulled me even closer and placed a kiss on my lips. "I love you too." He whispered. "I know I don't say it very often but I don't want it to lose its meaning because I truly mean it when it's aimed at you. I've never loved anyone the way I love you." He said, making me blush.

"You're awfully adorable today and I'm not used to it."

"You better not get used to it." He teased, making me laugh.

"Thank you. For everything you've said today and for everything you didn't say, but I know you mean it." I ran a hand through his hair and watched him close his eyes at the feeling of my nails gently scratching his scalp.

"Now that we've both been very sentimental today, how about we balance it out with some hard sex?" He suggested, making me giggle.

"Sounds like a plan." I said, squealing when he threw me on the bed and attacked me with kisses.

I'm leaving this here cause I kinda want a sweet(ish) ending for them. Don't worry, you'll get plenty of smut in the future 😌

The End 💗