Joanne Trattoria [1]

requested by gagaxbradley 💗

Bradley pushed the heavy wooden door to the italian restaurant open, a little golden bell signaling to the owners that someone had entered it. The smell of fresh pasta and pizza made its way to his nose and he inhaled the scent for a moment, a smile on his face. It's been a while since he'd managed to go out to eat a nice dinner by himself and he was beyond excited for some good food, that wasn't out of his microwave.

He walked towards one of the tables and looked down at his phone when a text message came in, bumping into someone else on his way. He looked up from his screen a little startled and caught the blonde woman's waist just in time so she wouldn't fall back into one of the already taken tables. He looked into her wide green eyes for a moment, not being able to breathe for a second at how beautiful she was. Literally breathtaking. "God, I am so sorry! Are you okay?" He asked her when he pulled her up so she could stand on her own two feet again.

Stefani blushed and nodded, peeling her own two hands off of his biceps. She mustered the tall man in front of her. He was muscular and well dressed. His eyes were an extraordinary shade of blue and his smile mesmerizing to her. She could only imagine how good his voice must've sounded ringing through her ears.

"Are you really okay? I am really sorry. I wasn't looking when I should've. I'm Bradley, by the way." He said, giving her a warm smile. He rose a brow when he noticed that her eyes were fixated on his lips while he spoke and only looked up again when he stopped talking.

She smiled widely and held up one of her tiny fingers, signaling for him to wait while she pulled out her phone and started typing something down. When she was done she held the phone out to him and he hesitantly took it from her reading what she'd written down for him: 'I'm deaf, but I can read your lips when you talk slowly. It's also very nice to meet you, Bradley. I'm Stefani.'

He smiled at her text and then looked up to see her watching him. "I wish I knew sign language now." He said to her, making her giggle. He felt bad that she couldn't hear her that sound for herself because her laugh was absolutely contagious and adorable. "Do you have time right now and would you like to have dinner with me?" He asked.

Stefani nodded and followed him to an empty table in the back. Even though she was deaf, she wasn't shy or ashamed of it. Yes, she was different and while some men took off and ran, she'd also made great friends and had been in good and functional relationships before, so talking to Bradley wasn't weird to her. Perhaps, he seemed interested in her and she felt flattered. He was incredibly handsome and charming.

"Have you been deaf your whole life?" He asked her after they'd ordered some food and drinks.

She immediately started typing and then shoved the phone across the table and to him. 'No. I lost my hearing when I was 19. Doctors didn't really know what happened and couldn't get me my hearing back either, so I had to learn how to live with it.'

He looked up again and sighed. "Wow. Was it hard? How did you learn things again? I'm sorry if I'm nosy or anything but you seem so happy and I admire you for that." He smiled, watching the blood rush to her face.

'It was hard in the beginning but I learned quickly and I'm doing fine now. I can work, support myself, I go out with friends and there's subtitles for every good show out there! :D'

Bradley chuckled at the smiley she put into her message. "Can you teach me something in sign language?" He suddenly asked, his face lighting up with interest.

She nodded and showed him a few signs, laughing at some of his attempts and quietly applauding him when he got them right. By the end of their meal he knew how to spell his name and say basic things like 'hello' and 'thank you'. She loved how much interest he showed in what she had to deal with but also just generally in her. He didn't make her feel like she was different and while he asked about her 'condition' he also asked about her family and normal day to day life. She liked him a lot. He was charming and funny and exactly what she needed in her life right now.

"Do you want to share some cake with me? I don't think I can finish a slice on my own." He asked, rubbing his full belly to show her that he was more than full.

She nodded and let him order some. 'How did you know chocolate cake is my favorite?'

Bradley laughed and shrugged. "Maybe I'm a mind reader?" He joked.

When the cake arrived they both immediately dug their forks into it, both letting out satisfied moans at the taste of it. Bradley smiled at her. "Have I told you how beautiful you look yet?" He asked her while she still had chocolate cake in her mouth, some of it stuck to her bottom lip.

She blushed when he rubbed the crumbs off of her lip. 'No, I don't think you have, but thank you. You're quite handsome yourself. Also very charming.'

Bradley chuckled at her openness and watched her eat some more of the cake until they'd finished the whole piece. Both of them were more than full by then and leaned back in their chairs, satisfied and happy after a good meal and successful talk. Bradley had never met anyone like Stefani before and it wasn't about her being deaf at all. There was just something special about her that he couldn't place his finger on quite yet, but he needed to see her again and find out what it was. "Can I see you again?" He asked her after he'd paid for their meals.

She nodded and let him guide her outside. When they were stood in front of her car, she smiled up at him, holding onto her keys tightly.

"How do I say 'good night' in sign language?" He asked her, watching her hands while she showed him. He then copied her movements with a smile on his lips, making her giggle and do the same.

Before she could talk herself out of it, she got onto her tiptoes and placed a quick kiss onto his cheek, both of them smiling when she pulled away.

Bradley watched her get into her car and waved at her when she drove away, walking to his own car with a wide smile on his face. He couldn't wait to get to know her better.

y'all want a second part to this? Maybe one where it's 3 weeks later or something?