Prolouge

If you don't know already, I'm Valerie Vluet. In my world, 80 percent of the population has supernatural gifts called quirks. The other 20 percent? Well they're quirkless, a normal human being, no powers whatsoever. My good friend and neighbour, Izuku Midoriya, he's apart of the quirkless population (for now).

I have 2 quirks, healing and air manipulation. Both inherited from my parents. My mom is a amazing healer and can heal pretty big wounds in under 2 minutes. My dad can manipulate the wind, he uses it to float things, pretty big things too. I'd like to think that it's like Zero-Gravity in a way.

I've known Midoriya for most of my life since we're next door neighbours.

There's this other kid, Katsuki Bakugou. Me and Midoriya have known him for some time since he lived in the neighborhood. He always liked picking on Midoriya, called him Deku as an insult.

-

"Stop picking on him, Kacchan." I stood in front of the quirkless, defenceless boy, who was trying to defend another kid.

"Or what, Rie? He's weak." The ash-blonde spat, "He's just a bug, waiting to be squished." He punched his fists together, making a small explosion.

"You're better than this." I told him, clenching my fists.

"I'm better." He scoffed, "Better than you and Deku." He shot a small explosion in my direction. Thanks to my reflexes, I shot a gust of air in a shield to protect me.

"Leave him be, Kacchan."

"Tch." He clicked his tongue. "Fine, you get to leave. Take Deku with you before I destroy you both." Bakugo turned around and walked away slowly.

The green-haired boy sobbed, "Valerie- I'm sorry for causing trouble."

"It's alright Izuku.. But you're scratched all over." I held out my hand before getting shot with a small explosion, but since I was still a child, it hurt pretty badly. "What the heck!" I turn around to see Bakugou snickering.

"I told you to get out." He smirked.

"I was healing him!" I pointed to Midoriya.

"Then heal him quicker, Rie." He stomped.

Then I shot another gust of air at the boy and his companions, letting them skid across the ground like helpless leaves of a windy day.

"Let's go back to your house- I'll get my mommy to heal me when I'm done healing you! Plus your mommy must be worried!" I held my hand out to the emotional boy who was practically gonna cry a river.

"Y-yeah!" He grasped my hand tight and I lifted him up onto his feet.

- Midoriya Household

"I'm sorry he got hurt, Ms. Midoriya!" I apologized a lot. While holding my hand up to his face, letting a small green glow come out of it.

"It's alright honey, I'm just worried about you."

"I'll be okay! My mommy will fix me right up!" I gave her a bright smile, "Izuku's scratches are small so I can heal him!" And just like that, his scratches were gone in an instant. "Mommy says I need more practice with healing anyways!"

"Thank you! Thank you!" Midoriya bowed about 20 times.

"Like Izuku said, thank you so much Valerie." Inko ruffled his puffy green hair.

"Well, I have to go back home. Just ring the doorbell if you need me or my parents!" I waved goodbye to the two and went just next door. It took about 6 steps to get home.

"Valerie! You're back!" My dad waved from the couch.

"Hi daddy! Is mommy home?" I took my shoes off while looking around the house.

"I hear my Valerie! Is Valerie home?" My mom peeked around the corner.

"Mommy!" I quickly ran up to her and hugged her. "..um can you heal me..." I said timidly.

"What's wrong?" She furrowed her brows.

I get nervous, "another kid used their quirk on me. It kinda hurt..."

Both my parents jerk at my sentence. "Oh... What happened?" My dad peered behind the couch.

"The kid next door- Izuku. He was getting picked on by another boy because he's quirkless. And- And... It made me feel upset so I tried protecting him and..." My mom put a finger up to my lip, making me shush. I didn't even realize she was done healing me.

"Now now... At least he's okay- Right?" My mom patted my head.

"Yep! I healed him, just like you!" I smiled brightly. "His injuries were okay!"

"Good to hear." My dad called out from the couch.

-

After that, Me and Midoriya were really good friends. Whenever he would get picked on, I was there. We're teenagers now, he's still the same as ever, so is Bakugou. Always picking on Midoriya, he never seemed to go as hard on him when I was around. I thought it was kinda strange to be honest. I never questioned it thoroughly though.

-

A/N: New book, who dis? Anyways in celebration of season four of BNHA, I created another story. ( don't worry about Trial After Trial, this will be a side project i'll be working on. ) I hope you guys like this one since I learned a lot after Trial After Trial, plus Trial after Trial will be on another break.

-Maimaiqe

𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 ✓