one

A blaring alarm woke me up, to my dismay, it was another day of school. I threw my alarm clock pretty far across my room, making a commotion. I groaned and slipped out of bed. I opened my window to let some air in, sulking in the smell of the fresh outside.

I fix myself and put on my plain uniform. My hair was already presentable, it was pretty long, ironic since one of my quirks is air and my hair gets all messed up whenever there are powerful winds in the area.

I swing my backpack around my shoulders and was left with lots of time left to spare before school. Both of my parents had work pretty early in the morning so I never saw them in the morning. It was okay since I'm capable of taking care of things.

I grabbed my keys off the counter and headed right next door, I always walked to school with my good friend Izuku Midoriya. I knocked on the door and got a pretty fast response.

"Ah! Good morning, Valerie!" Inko called out from the kitchen, she was always so nice and welcoming. Her quirk? Well she can move objects, not very big ones but she used it when she was multitasking.

"Morning, Ms. Midoriya-"

"Just call me Inko, sweetie." I stepped inside the apartment.

"Yeah, of course!" I slipped my shoes off and greeted Inko in person without yelling. "Where's 'Zuku?"

"I'm here! I'm here!" I see a greenette rush around the corner with his backpack almost swinging off. "Oh! Hi, Valerie!" He grinned sweetly.

"Hey, ready to go?" I motioned towards the door.

"Yep!" He held his backpack straps with both of his hands and said bye to his mom.

-- Aldera Jr. High

Both me and Midoriya were in the same class for the last year we were in junior high. Unfortunately, Katsuki Bakugou was also in our class. I sat beside Midoriya while Bakugou sat in front of him.

"Since you're third years, you have to start thinking about your future." Our teacher said in a dull tone, I hated this school. I mean, hate is a strong word so maybe; dislike.. Yeah, that's the word. I disliked this school, it was boring and our class sucked.. Only because Midoriya's rival was in it. Everybody seemed to cheer only because they wanted to be a hero, however I just glanced at Midoriya, who was quirkless but aspired to be a hero one day.

The class was boring, up until our teacher exposed Midoriya of wanting to go to UA high school. The class laughed at him.

Bakugou made an explosion, "Listen up Deku, you're even worse than those damn rejects. You quirkless wannabe! You really think-"

"That's enough Kacchan." I sighed while I moved his desk without even getting out of mine, it was quite easy considering my quirk. "All of you need to zip your mouths before I throw you out of the classroom via the window." I said stiffly, everybody seemed to zip their trap after hearing my remark.

"I'm really not trying to compete with you, you got the wrong idea!" Midoriya squirmed out of his desk while Bakugou stood tall in front of the boy.

"You'll never make it. You won't even make it past the entrance exam." Bakugou growled.

"I said that's enough!" I slammed my desk while abruptly standing up. A gust of wind came from my desk, moving other desks away from it, even if the students were in them. "Sit your exploding ass back down."

"Excuse me, Vluet- Language please..." The teacher sighed, "And please don't use your quirk in class, even if you didn't mean to."

"Yeah, Rie" Bakugou slumped back in his seat. He then mumbled something to himself. I regained my composure and sat back down in my seat.