Holiday Special (1)

This short story will all be third person, thank you and have a wonderful holiday season everyone! Thank you for staying with me through all the chapters I've written, I love you guys so much.

Xoxo, MaiMaiqe

𝐓𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞: 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐞𝐬

As the soft snowflakes littered the streets and sidewalks, Valerie trotted among the city, a week before Christmas. A beige scarf keeping herself warm and a denim jacket paired with a pair of sneakers. Her earbuds streaming her favourite music playlist that blissfully played through her ears.

She's always spent Christmas with her family, but this year, they were in America for god knows what reason. Valerie wasn't in the best mood when her mother texted her that they wouldn't be home for the holiday season, they only told her that's they'd ship her some American goods such as clothing.

Every year, her presents were from her parents, she loved every single one with love and care - until this year.

Of course, she had Nemuri and now the giant chicken who had taken her in as his own. Heck, the U.A staff spent more time with her than her biological family now. But she didn't expect them to give her anything this Christmas because she wasn't all that special other than growing up with them throughout her childhood.

Izuku was one of the people she exchanged gifts with since they could talk to each other. It became a tradition for them to always give each other gifts because one; Izuku didn't have many friends since he was dubbed "quirkless" throughout his childhood including middle school. Valerie was one of his only friends growing up. And two; Although Valerie got many requests to Christmas events, she just wanted to spend time with her best friend. And that's what she did.

This year, she wasn't surprised she was invited to yet another Christmas party. But this time, she took the offer. The only exception was that it was a Heroes event. Invited by Nem, she couldn't resist the puppy dog eyes she was given. Of course - she's be representing herself and Nem while Nem was out at the U.A staff Christmas party.

Not only that, but she'd be sure to see at least one person from her class at the Heroes Christmas Event.

Oh, you're probably wondering why Valerie's in the city. She's going out Christmas shopping for her gifts she was going to give her friends.

Classes were already out for the Christmas holidays, letting the students relax with their families for the break. All Valerie wanted to do was binge all her television shows that she'd already watched 100 times, maybe even fix her sleep schedule - scratch that - the break will absolutely annihilate her sleep schedule while staying up to 6 in the morning.

As Valerie toured the city streets while the crystallized water fluttered down from the white clouds atop. The blue streaked girl stopped at the crosswalk where nobody else stood, infact - it was empty and quiet.