three

All Might stopped in front of me and Midoriya. We didn't expect him so we flinched as he ran right in front of us.

"Ah! Just the kids I wanted to see!" All Might panted.

"You wanted to see us?" I raised an eyebrow.

"The Almighty-" He coughed blood again, going back to his crippled self. Midoriya screamed again. This boy loves his vocal chords. I thought quietly. All Might wiped his mouth with the back of hand, it was kinda disgusting. "So I actually came to apologize."

"Apologize?" I inquired.

"To him." All Might pointed the the freckled face boy. "I'm real sorry kid... Today both of you threw yourselves into battle while the pro-heroes stood idly. It was heroic." The words went into Midoriya's heart and he collapsed.

I listened to the conversation. It was inspiring considering he just told Midoriya that he couldn't become a hero without a quirk.

"You- with the blonde tipped hair." He pointed at me and my brown to blonde hair. "You have two quirks, don't you? I saw you heal this kid and the other one."

"Hm? Yeah." I nodded.

"What are your names?" All Might asked both of us.

"I'm Valerie Vluet."

"Um- Izuku Midoriya!" He looked up.

"Young Midoriya." He towered above the boy who still sat on the floor. "I believe you can be a hero." His words made Midoriya cry. No adult had ever told him those words he wanted to hear, not even his own mother. Instead it came from his idol. It was an emotional moment for him.

"B-But you said people without quirks cannot become heroes..." Midoriya sniffled, using his sleeve as a tissue.

"You, young Midoriya are capable of inheriting my quirk." All Might held his hand out.

"...Huh?" We stood there confused.

"Many others have been trying to figure out my quirk, but none has ever succeeded. My quirk is not super strength nor super speed. It is One for All." I shivered, we were probably the luckiest people to know about All Might's true quirk name. "Young Midoriya. Will you accept?"

Without hesitation, Midoriya agreed. I was overjoyed for him, maybe if he tried his best, he could get into UA. Midoriya crashed himself onto me and tightly wrapped his arms around me. "Thank you for believing..." He whispered.

"Oh and make this just between us, alright?" All Might requested, we grinned and agreed. With that; Midoriya's training began.

Ten months before the exams, ten months of rigorous training. I watched every single one of his training sessions, to see how much he grew as a person. All Might pushed him, a lot. Ten months of watching Midoriya struggle moving pounds of trash on a beach with nothing but his bare strength, no quirk. All Might assured me he'd be okay and I couldn't help, only cheering. Month by month, he got stronger. The seasons went by, and so did our tests and final exams before graduating junior high.

I didn't always watch and cheer, in the cold water I practiced my air quirk. I made a small pathway by just parting the water, it wasn't much but it grew on me.

One Training Day

"Hey, All Might?" I turned my head around to look at All Might who had been observing Midoriya. My feet and my lower half of my legs were engulfed in water.

"Yes, Young Vluet?" All Might responding back.

"Can you throw some piece of trash at me?" I awkwardly asked, he gave me a furrowed look but agreed anyways.