twelve

"Bakugo gave you that scar?" Todoroki walked up to the side of the bed, his hand grabbing the sleeve and tugging lower to get a better look at the scar. His hand was cold at the touch. I probably would've already been screaming at him if I wasn't so tired and weak, I could feel his hand run over the scar. I flinched, his touch released off my bare skin. "..Sorry, I should've asked first."

"No, it's alright. I've had it for a while anyways." My head turns around to face Todoroki, my golden tipped hair falling onto his hand.

"You know, i've met your dad on several occasions?" I pressed my lips together, hoping it wasn't a sensitive topic to him. "He's a pain in the ass."

He scoffs, "Can't lie there. How do you know him?"

"Well, Midnight is my older cousin- so I actually tagged along on some of occasions. And that's where I met him." I recalled, "I think I was around... Ten when I first met him. I was helping out with a villain accident with Midnight because she told me I could tag along."

"You're related to Midnight?" His eyes widened.

"Yep." I popped the 'p'. "I've been touring around UA ever since I was young."

"I never saw you at the recommendation exam."

"I didn't take it, I wanted to earn my spot here." I stared off to the gleaming window, birds occasionally flying by. "UA is like, my second family. I could probably teach if I wanted to." I told him. "Oh! Sorry! I ran my mouth too much, huh?" I awkwardly smile back the the boy.

"The first time I saw you. I recognized you." He sat down on the empty place next to me, 'Am I supposed to remember him? Because I don't!' "It was around two years ago at a heroes event. I noticed you off in a corner, sipping on a juice box." I hummed, remembering an event like that.

"Hey- Wait, I tried making small talk with a boy around my age back then, I don't remember him a lot since he shooed me away."

"That was me." I widened my eyes, "I didn't like talking very much."

"Not much has changed, I'm guessing." I joked.

"I only recognized you because of your eyes." His finger raised to my multi-coloured iris'.

I was born with central heterochromia, basically I have two eye colours in one eye. The area that surrounded my pupil was a bright hazel colour while the rest was a deep sea of blue.

I opened my mouth to say something, only to interrupted by a loud noise that came in through the door. "HEY! I HEARD THAT RIE WAS AWAKE-" Katsuki boomed his voice, sliding open the office doors. He stared at Todoroki for a second before landing his gaze to me. "GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE, HALF N' HALF!" He shouted.

"You should probably do as he says, i'll be alright." I reassured the boy who now stood at the side of my bed, brushing past Katsuki and leaving us. Katsuki slipped his hands into his uniform pockets.

"Why'd you let me do that?!" He yelled out, "You've been unconscious for three days! Everyone was stupidly worried about you!"

I stayed silent, fixing my gaze elsewhere.

"Don't give the silent treatment!" He croaked in an upset tone, "You know how much power you got hit with?! Are you mental?!" His voice cracked, snapping his gem coloured eyes to the IV packet that was attached to me. "Why?!"

"I couldn't stand there and watch Izuku get hurt, again!" I finally spoke up, catching Katsuki of guard. "It's always been like this, between us three!" I cried out to the short-tempered boy. "Ever since we were kids, I've learned of how to mentally deal with you! I kept my guard up, because of you!" I took my IV off, my shoes clicking against the tiled floor. I was frustrated, I could probably stab someone without hesitation. I pressed my finger up to his chest. "You think you're so high and mighty! Your pride reaching beyond my expectations!" I took a breath, "You were a role model for others, ever since you got your quirk at the young age of four; everyone looked up to you! Even I did!"