five

Midoriya, Bakugou and I were called after school ended. Told us that we were the only ones accepted into UA High School. Bakugou didn't seem to overjoyed when he found out Midoriya got in, (especially when he still didn't know he had a obtained a quirk) he was furious. I was scared of even leaving him behind, but I had been starving and wanted a small snack from the vending machine. Oh how stupid that decision was. I told him to wait outside the school since the vending machines were pretty close to the entrance.

One of the stupidest mistakes I made was leaving Midoriya alone, I walked outside to see nobody outside the school doors. But I did heat the yelling of Bakugou in a near alleyway.

"Hah-" Bakugou pinned Midoriya against the pavement wall, "No one protecting you now." Bakugou hissed. I wanted to rush in but Midoriya's face didn't want me to- No... Didn't need me too protect him. "How'd you get in, you little quirkless piece of shit?!" He readied his quirk. "And some extra beat my fucking score!?" Bakugou spat, "Why'd you apply?!"

Midoriya struggled but handled the situation, "I applied... Because I want to be a hero." The words, they hit Bakugou. "You probably know- Valerie passed with flying colors, she deserves that." Bakugou's grip on Midoriya released. "I'm going to beat you Kacchan... And if I don't- She will." Midoriya pointed to me, I stood a few feet away from the two, Bakugou stared me down. "You hesitate around her, I know that much." He admitted.

He stomped up to me, pretty close in fact- Maybe a foot or two away. He huffed in annoyance. To my surprise, he kept quiet for a bit.

"What's wrong, Katsuki?" I questioned, calling him by his first name instead of Kacchan. "Scared?" I teased, inching closer to him.

He stepped back a bit, "Y-you...You don't scare me, you piece of garbage." He furrowed his look.

"Then what, Katsuki Bakugou?" I pressed him, "Don't think I notice all you're small actions." I eventually cornered him. "I know you stare at me in class. Everytime I catch you in the act, your entire face goes red." I exposed. "Started ten months ago, after the monster incident." There it was, the red that I see everytime I catch him staring. His lip quivered into a small smile, he's never been this unguarded.

"Valerie Vluet." He scoffed, "Who knew." He called me by my first name instead of his regular 'Rie'. "You really think you can ge to me? You're too naive."

"You're just stubborn 'n won't admit something." I shrugged after leaving him be. "I know what you do, Katsuki. You can't deny that." I faced away from him, patting Midoriya's back to signal it was time to go. "Whether you admit it or not, you have something on me, negative or positive feelings." I walked away.

"Hey Rie." Bakugou called,I turned my heel to face him again. "Check your bag, you feather-light bitch." He intentionally brushed his arm against mine, pretty violently. Someone's catching hands, I swear to god. I rolled my eyes.

"Valerie, do you think he wants to fight you?" Midoriya asked. I shook my head.

"If he wanted to fight, he'd do it now." I smiled at the boy, "Anyways, i'll check it later. School starts in three weeks, gotta train y'know?" I assured. "Maybe we can train together at the same beach!"

Midoriya smiled contently, "I'd like that Rie." He joked.

Although I've had that nickname given to me by Bakugou, it grew on me. "Whatever, broccoli-head." I playfully messed up his fluffy hair.

--- Valerie's Room

I had just gotten home, mom and dad weren't here yet but I guess we were dismissed pretty early. I was genuinely curious of what Bakugou was talking about. I plopped myself onto my desk chair and opened my backpack, nothing to eye-catching was inside, except a piece of looseleaf paper inside my notebook, totally out of place. I hesitated at first but grabbed it out and flattened it out on my desk.