thirty-nine

𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞: 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

We did more heavy quirk training for the day, Rag-Doll telling us that we'd have some "fun" test of courage while the stars were out and the sun was sleeping, although it could be broad-daylight somewhere else in the world.

I went through the same drowning hell I was put through yesterday - I am getting better at controlling my quirk, if that helps.

Also that girl, Melody?

She was strange, and I couldn't focus much on training as the blue flame kept flashing every now and then.

- Vanguard Action Squad

Somewhere else on the camping grounds, a man with staples lined across his face with disgusting burn marks. A girl with short blonde hair also stood on the cliff - actually, there was a bunch of people on the said cliff.

"Mister Chappy-Lips also wouldn't mind if we took Kaze, right?" Kaze referring to Valerie and her Zephyrus quirk.

"She's wanted dead or alive by him." Mustard mentioned, "I guess it doesn't matter."

"It's not like she'll go with handy-man's plans." Dabi annoyingly grumbled. "Have you seen her power? She's able to knock you out in one touch, it'd be better to immobilize her if you run into her."

Toga huffed, "But there's no way she's that strong! She's too pretty to be violent."

"She's one of the top students in U.A." Magne recalled. They all took a quick brief summary of the two students they wanted, although they really only wanted one of them since the other would probably give them hell.

"Hmph."

"Stop whining." Dabi rolled his eyes. "If you don't feel like dying, then don't encounter her."

Although they didn't get the most accurate of news, they did manage to find some clips of her at the sports festival a while back. That huge tornado was something that drained the shit outta her. And how she effortlessly dodged Katsuki's explosions and stopping them mid air.

"She's probably stronger than we think, don't let your guard down." The teenager wearing a gas mask muffled.

"Dontcha think we know that?" The TMNT rip-off spat. "At least we don't have to be worrying about a healer among them."

Yeah, not the most accurate news they got.

Valerie's quirk was only registered as Zephyrus. Nothing saying Fortify since her U.A file was mostly based on the one she would use the most.

- [ TIME SKIP ]

I grumbled, pushing myself out of the water, my hair floating within the calm ripples of the water. The water only got colder every now and then, and the time we would be done - I would be trembling in my shorts.