eight

𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 

𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 

"Sapphires?"

I stared into the contents of the box, it had at least 20-30 pieces of sapphire jewelry inside, plus a medical patch. Necklaces, rings, earrings, you name it. Mr. Aizawa said these have to do with my healing quirk. Maybe it works when somebody's hurt? I glanced at everyone.

"...Um... weird request but can I cut one of you?" My thumbs ran over the box. They seemed silent before Midoriya spoke up.

"-You can cut me!" He whimpered. "If it helps you figure out what these sapphires are for."

"Here... just put that on." I handed him a small sapphire imbedded bracelet.

He slipped in the bracelet, "Okay Val! I'm ready-"

...! "Owww.... Remind me not to get mean with you."

I cut his arm, not very deep but still bleed. Hopefully nothing crazy. He winced and held the area I cut him in.

Let's see if it works...I clasp my hands together and close my eyes. A light blue tint glowed from my palms.

Slowly, Midoriya's wound disappeared from sight. Left with no scars or blood.

"It's gone..." Uraraka observed Midoriya's forearm. "Do you think... Sapphires take in your healing quirk?"

"It is a high possibility that the sapphire Midoriya is wearing is some sort of channeling for Vluet." Iida raised his glasses with his finger.

"My mom has a bunch of sapphires at home... it's her favourite gem." I closed up the box and slipped it into my school bag. "And Iida, no need for formality's... Valerie will do just fine."

"I apologize." Iida bowed.

"Oh, Val... Here." Midoriya held out his wrist to take off the bracelet.

"Nah, keep it Izuku. You're always getting yourself injured." I shooed his hand away.

"Thanks for letting me stay over again, Inko." I set my backpack down on the couch.

"No worries, Vie. You're welcome anytime." Inko patted my head. "You're basically the daughter I never had!" She chuckled.

I smiled, "So does that mean I can call you mom too?"

"Whatever works for you!"

"Mkay!" I hurried off to Izuku's room. "Hey! Izuku!"

"Yeah?" He turned his head to mine while on his bed. I sat down in his swivel chair and slid it across the floor.

"Do you think I can channel only a bit of my air through my body?" I swerve the chair to the side of his bed. "I mean, like as energy." All this time spent with Izuku has been rubbing off, It's not that I don't mind though.